Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:40 am

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:01 am 
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm sure most of you have played Battlefield and know how much fun bigger levels can be.

Well, I'de also like to remind you that some of the 19th centurys levels were fought in big battlfields.

How many of you think that Alliance should also include some big levels?

How big? Well, I was thinking about 6 miles by six miles?

Lag problems you say? It's been done in Join Ops.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:29 am 
Corporal

joint opps is the best shooter on pc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:44 am 
Captain

hmm I don't know about this. I mean to have a map that big and to still have fun you must have a very very large player base. And the servers have to be huge. And for some of the people who buy the game who dont have such a steller computer these big maps might ruin the multiplayer for them. And plus with no Jeeps or anything to move around in...dont you think it would take a long time to even find the enemy? All that time running around aimlessly would ruin the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:52 am 
Corporal

well its really the only online game that has no lag unless its your computer. also really the only game that had decent bullet physics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:57 am 
Private

@andrew: i think the bullet physics of JO arent even half as good as RO's :P

i'd like to see really big maps for allience but some smaller CQB maps with fast urban warfare would be great too. we need a mix of both, a game with only one of them becomes boring very fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:58 am 
Corporal

hmm ro? didnt have a decent computer till recently so i am still catching up on games

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:52 am 
Major General

Lag is not a problem with big maps. The problem with big maps is walking the 5 miles to get to the fire fight. The only way a big map can be done nicely is if there are multiple/dynamic spawns.

The Maxim gun, and they have not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:23 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
joint opps is the best shooter on pc

Hell yeah! I just wish that they'de add a few guns. :)

Quote:
Lag is not a problem with big maps. The problem with big maps is walking the 5 miles to get to the fire fight. The only way a big map can be done nicely is if there are multiple/dynamic spawns.

Do it like in Joint Ops then, where you can capture spawn points, and when you die, you can choose to spawn at any available one. This prevents spawn camping (becasue even camping a sinle spawn on large scale maps requires a considerable commitment of players) and makes it easy to get to the battle.

Another idea I had is that they can include some vehicles, but soley for use as a transport.

By including vehicle framework, the'de also pave the way for modders. :wink:

Big maps + lots of guns = heaven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:18 pm 
Corporal

ya theres a few vehicles i think would be interesting to see in the game. the army just finished a prototype for a humve with a m134 for a turret. its got a free floating turret that spins around the vehicle which makes it into a 3 person car a driver a navigator/spotter/reloader, and the gunner. when i get my paintball/airsoft arena up i am going to get both a paintball and airsoft m134. among other guns, some of which i have not decided about yet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:48 am 
Sergeant Major

7km/2-10km/2 is just enuff of map. The only thing i'am afraid for, is that to many terrains gets to much of closecombat battles. I want to see some more open shortcuts in terrains, often in middle of the terrains. So i can use the 50.cal barrett on it's full distance (1500m-2000m) and do some use with aiming or even proof my skill to attack a sniper in that area. Hate those CS corridor snipers of street corners. Want it realistic, take range with binuculars, setup distance on scope, aim and clay entrences to my sniper position. Ofcurse, i don't know how the terrains look. But this is my wish. I think jeeps and other wheelies. Should not be included to Alliance (MP)-game. No copies on driving maniacs from Joint Ops. I think the guns are still the main source to the game and wheels could maybe destroy some of the Alliance feeling. Here should all be targets in the open and not sitting in some jeeps, driving like maniacs. My wish... Some more wishes is that some roofs could be open for those who choose a climbing-set (often choosen by snipers). So those who have climbing-set can climb up on the waterpipes from roofs or even telepoles and other stuff. While others can't. But if you choose the climbing-set you can't carry kevlar or RPG's. You just get to heavy. Gunners will not choose climbing-sets becurse they carry alot and alot more of ammo. So they are always heavy in their weight. Snipers should have this things becurse they must be flexible or good clayers (hunter trappers). Becurse of their load of less ammo and lack of firerate. This thing could even make that maps not being to much of gunner fest. Like the most close-combat FPS games become in the end. Snipers or sniper could make even more damage to a attacking team, this way. In my point of view. Snipers should have this climbing-sets becurse they must have the option to lay up a King Of The Hill position on roofs or other sneaky places. There they are almost like ghosts in (MP)-game, even a RPG on a sniper on roof would be a nice kill. Just a wish to save the intrests in the battles and keep team cooperate against these possible King Of The Hill snipers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:56 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

It would be ncie tosee some combat at long ranges and at close range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:20 pm 
Sergeant Major

Exactly. Combined maps with differnt sort of emviroment. Then even setup this climbing snipers. So snipers being more hostile, then other games have made them before. Cus, snipers are sneaky and they should be it in games too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:46 pm 
Corporal

ya i liked that zipline and grapling hook thing from bf2sf. it lets you get into all sorts of new stupid spots. but ya the climbing thing should be left only to the snipers and scouts. it would be kinda nice to have morters i liked using those in joint ops being able to just lob tons of shells. but have scouts with a laser designater to help aim is always nice or someway to call in a location. maybe someone in like conquest mode or some kinda mode with a main base get something like a howitzer. lots of ideas could be said its just a matter if they have the time to do them or the desire

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:40 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Yah, the mortar/target designator teamwork dynamic was very neat and I'de like to see it in Alliance as well.

I just fear that our ideas of Alliance are being distorted over time.

Finally,when they get around to releasing a new video, we're gonna be all like "show us the mechs!!!11"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:45 pm 
Corporal

theres a lot of ideas that can be done its just as i said time to do them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:34 am 
Sergeant Major

andrew916 wrote:
ya i liked that zipline and grapling hook thing from bf2sf. it lets you get into all sorts of new stupid spots. but ya the climbing thing should be left only to the snipers and scouts. it would be kinda nice to have morters i liked using those in joint ops being able to just lob tons of shells. but have scouts with a laser designater to help aim is always nice or someway to call in a location. maybe someone in like conquest mode or some kinda mode with a main base get something like a howitzer. lots of ideas could be said its just a matter if they have the time to do them or the desire

Yay. :cry: Mortars are often game destroyers in Joint Ops, good to clean out clays and enemies. But mortars should be acted by bots that respawns in 10 minutes when they get killed. So, people can't just waste away mortar in tons, without any break in the mortaring. Only thing players should be able to do, is to call in mortar fire from these bots at homebase. So only laser designaters to players mith mortar ability and bots fireing the mortar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:39 am 
Corporal

mortors dont have that kinda range but then it would turn it into bf2 with the arty. thats where i like the aspect of human error the acc of the people in jo wasnt the greatest but in bf2 its an auto carpet bomb in a small area so thats why i like the human error aspect if it. sure there should be a limit to how much you could shoot. i think it would be kinda funny if you kinda had to make a gestimate or do it like how the military does it not by how the jo does it by the yellow aiming thingy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:16 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

contrary to what some earlier posters said, i would really like to see some veichles ingame, once again il refer to RO:OST. if you go to an infantry server, you shooting it up close or meduim range in a slow to high paced infantry combat that requires split second reaction time and extremely good aim. when you go and join a tank map like ro-orel ( which is a huge map, takes all of 10 minutes to drive from spawn to furthest objective, and thats a 30 - 40 km/h) the game is laid back and your yakking with people over built in voip about anaything.

if alliance included veichles, that would pave the way for large tank styled maps and also for close infantry maps, also for what is called combined arms, where theres infantry and ususaly light armor on a small to meduim sized map.

why do i like having tanks on the map when im infantry? its a challenge, you can always shoot another infantry soldier, buy you cant always just shoot the tank and be done with it. since im against veichle usage like that in bf2, there should also be a timer for getting in and out of veichles, or a full blown exity and entry animation..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:35 am 
Sergeant First Class

yeah but this game is all about realism and hoping in and out of a tank isn't realistic at all.

Military Police.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:06 am 
2nd Lieutenant

explain a little bit further there what you mean, because i dont read you clearly...