The War
Headlines
Movies
Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:50 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:26 am 
Offline
Private

Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:22 am
Posts: 5
I work for a online publication called PS3Land.com and I read online that you guys plan to bring Alliance to PC, Xbox 360, and the PS3. Is this true? Also, what is the hopefull release date for Alliance?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:39 am 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:44 am
Posts: 853
PC for sure. Consoles maybe. Release date some time in late 2007.

_________________
Johnny Rico wrote:
This is for all you new people, I only have one rule; everyone fights, no one quits, you don't do your job, I'll kill you myself.......do you get me?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:49 pm 
Offline
Four Star General
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 5:05 pm
Posts: 1071
Location: New York, NY
nousemercenary wrote:
I work for a online publication called PS3Land.com and I read online that you guys plan to bring Alliance to PC, Xbox 360, and the PS3. Is this true? Also, what is the hopefull release date for Alliance?

Alliance will be comming out for the PC and possibly (wink wink) one or more consoles in the late 07 to early 08 time period. We can't discuss any more specifics right now though, including which console(s) Alliance might appear on. I can say that release on one console is most likely and all three is least likely.

_________________
Alliance Developer, Sox34's not-so-secret identity, & NZG Central Command
"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur." — Unknown Philosopher


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:41 pm 
Offline
Private

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:12 pm
Posts: 10
PLEASE MAKE IT PS3 PC EXCLUSIVE! if you port it to x360 it wont be able to handle it and you will have to downscale the network features etc.

_________________
I'm a violin virtuoso, biatch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:17 am 
Offline
Recruit

Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:13 am
Posts: 1
Aptmusic9 wrote:
PLEASE MAKE IT PS3 PC EXCLUSIVE! if you port it to x360 it wont be able to handle it and you will have to downscale the network features etc.


LOL god no it assassin's creed all over again LOL

Aptmusic if you dont know what your tlaking about then don't say anything, its already confirmed that technically the 360 and ps3 are pretty much a wash, but even assassin's creed AI is more powerful on the 360. So your point is moot

if you want to talk scale of battles because your wonderful resistence does 40 player online... guess what? Huxley for the PC and 360 does up to 5000 players simultaneously..... The next time you say somethign stupid say it to yourself first....

you might also notice that most PC games, becomes PC/Xbox360 games because of the ease to port, There aren't nearly as many ps3/pc exclusives, in fact i dont really know of any.

XBOX360 + Alliance would rock!!!!

What would be more impressive is if alliance was to be published by MGS, i know they like the big aspiring games like this :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:06 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 1312
Location: Texas
The reason I prefer to use for the number of PC/XBox games is a Microsoft conspiracy :P

_________________
Image
Head of Zombie Suit Manufacturing, Supplying Guns to the Mentally Stable, Lead Researcher for Weapons, Grand Requisitioner, and Master Keeper of the NZG Armoury.
Whatever happens, we have got
The Maxim gun, and they have not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:31 pm 
Offline
Sergeant First Class

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:29 am
Posts: 270
Actually someone @ UBI accidently let it slip when she was presenting Assassins Creed on XBOX360 that some game elements had to be lessened for the PS3 because of the memory configuration of the PS3. I believe it had something to do with tthe AI.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:31 pm 
Offline
Staff Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:38 pm
Posts: 192
a) i dont think hardware is any issue here. from what i have heard, the graphics in this game are more for efficient use instead of uber engines, besides, there really is not that much graphical difference between xbox 360 and ps3 if u rly take it into consideration. ps3 has advantages in only the very minor details. and if anyone, and i mean at all, lists all the ps3 specs and is all "like, ZOMG PS3 IS BADASS XBOX 360 SUX", i will shoot you, no joke.

b) i guess ps3 would need alliance, because i honestly dont think ps3 has many good opening games.

c) i dont thing consoles would be good with alliance. if this game is as realistic as it looks, there will most likely be a fairly complex control scheme which i dont think the console controllers will be able to keep up with. and if it is ported, i think it would have to be dumbed down


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:34 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 1312
Location: Texas
I just generally hate anything besides PC. In my opinion the best consoles so far are the N64 and PS2. Reasons being:

N64:
1)Goldeneye
2)Up to 4 players without exspansion dealy
3)Almost no load time
4)Cartridges can't get scratched
5)Well designed controller (joystick is the only problem. It wears pretty quickly).
6)Usually don't need a memory card to save games

PS2:
1)Numerous good games that came out only for this console
2)Good controller design, very ergonomic
3)Could play PS1 games
4)You can use it as a DVD player without a controller
5)Graphics are pretty dang good for the time it was released

I never like XBox, for only 2 or 3 games specifically made for XBox (not later ports like GTA), the controllers were designed specifically for NBA Basketball Players (the DreamCast controller had the exact same layout, sans the black/white button, and it fit perfectly in one's hands).

Can't really say anything about the 360 though, except for the price. You might as well save for a few more months and buy a PC because a PC is 100x more useful than an XBox (same thing goes for the PS3).

Haro wrote:
c) i dont thing consoles would be good with alliance. if this game is as realistic as it looks, there will most likely be a fairly complex control scheme which i dont think the console controllers will be able to keep up with. and if it is ported, i think it would have to be dumbed down


I totally concur with you. Consoles are good for games like GT4 and GTA:SA, stuff like that. But FPS, RTS, and (MMO)RPG's are best left to PC's (even though Goldeneye and MoH:FL were great games).

_________________
Image
Head of Zombie Suit Manufacturing, Supplying Guns to the Mentally Stable, Lead Researcher for Weapons, Grand Requisitioner, and Master Keeper of the NZG Armoury.
Whatever happens, we have got
The Maxim gun, and they have not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:26 pm 
Offline
Private

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:12 pm
Posts: 10
wow and you call me misinformed. assassins creed xbox 360 AI is not different! UBI denied what they said and admitted they were mistaken. they corrected themselves and said that both versions would have identical crowd response AI. false information man..

hey fanboy, FYI i bought and Xbox 360 on launch and sold the piece of shit 3 months later and bought a PS2. although i dont know what that game is, 5000 multiplayer is not in the same context as high quality FPS online so don't compare them. im just saying that if you make any game multi-platform the quality is going to suffer. period. since Alliance is such a great concept for a game that concept is going to be short-changed when they have to handle including massive online for 2 seperate networks.

_________________
I'm a violin virtuoso, biatch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:16 am 
Offline
Sergeant First Class

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:29 am
Posts: 270
Aptmusic9 wrote:
wow and you call me misinformed. assassins creed xbox 360 AI is not different! UBI denied what they said and admitted they were mistaken. they corrected themselves and said that both versions would have identical crowd response AI. false information man..


Do you really think that UBI wouldn't say it was a mistake? If they didn't Sony would pull their franshise license and UBI couldn't make any games for PS3 or PSP. That's a lot of potential customers they would lose. I just don't see why she would make somehting up like that out of the blue. Having been playing alot of UBI games in the past specifically the Tom Clancy games, UBI has a bad habit of releasing information they probably didn't mean too. Most of the time it's on their FTP site. They have had to come out and say "it's a mistake and isn't true" plenty before after some moron in the office left internal documents on the public FTP site. They even left the GRAW MP Map Pack #3 Beta patch ftp site unpassworded and so anybody could add/delete files at their choosing. UBI is know for not thinking before they open their mouth.

I really could care less which platform is better as I woudn't buy either one of them. I like mostly FPS's game so I think PC's are best for that. I'm not trying to start an arugument as to which console is better but think of what would of happened to UBI on the PS3 if they never retracted what she said. In other words they would have lost a $h17 load of money.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:49 pm 
Offline
Private

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:12 pm
Posts: 10
yea i think its gonna be identical on both systems and they're isnt a point in argueing about which one is better because thye both can handle next gen games.

where we differ is that UBI is not making a false statment and blatently denying it, i think they are telling the truth, the AI WILL be identical. there is no point in stating something other than the truth because the public will find out as soon as the game is released. the spokesperson really mean't something else about how the memory worked differently and how adjustments needed to be made. the AI WILL be identical.

_________________
I'm a violin virtuoso, biatch.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group