Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:29 am

Should we put a Canadian battle?
Yes 37%  37%  [ 7 ]
No 63%  63%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 19
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:38 pm 
Private

ok I was wondering will you be able to play as Canadians like in WWII or maybe even afghanistan it would really be cool to realise what our troops are doing over seas there taking a preety big beating and deserve some credit. It would be cool to play as them and if so don't put EH! in every sentence lol.

this game deserves more credit then what people know about it lol people never probable hurd this game and look its amazing they put so much work into this......ill make sure all my friends know about this and spread the word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:56 pm 
Major General

You will not play as Canadians, however, you may fight along side with them.

I love how people always think that Canada doesn't ever fight in any wars. It's funny to see their faces when you tell them that Canada was fighting in WWI and WWII long before America was.

The Maxim gun, and they have not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:41 pm 
Private

so basically your telling me that it's one of those games were you play as the americans and british etc... all the obvious stuff? no one ever realises how cool it would be to play as a canuck, and no we don't use bloody syrup guns!!! lol

this game deserves more credit then what people know about it lol people never probable hurd this game and look its amazing they put so much work into this......ill make sure all my friends know about this and spread the word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:56 pm 
Major General

facemesser wrote:
so basically your telling me that it's one of those games were you play as the americans and british etc... all the obvious stuff? no one ever realises how cool it would be to play as a canuck, and no we don't use bloody syrup guns!!! lol
No it's one of those games where you play as a third party that may fight with them or against them or just in the background.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:45 pm 
Major General

Right. You have no loyalties to any country.

However, you may be fighting along side (or maybe even against :x ) Canadians in something like the Diepe Raid or what not.

But then again, being a Canadian in WWI or WWII is just like being British, except without a cool accent or facial hair ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:25 pm 
Sergeant First Class

I voted no, just to spite Canadia. :lol: But if there are going to be some WWI mission, it would be a good change of pace to see some Canadian units. Maybe even meet the Emma Gees and Herbert W. McBride. If you don't know who they and he were, you should buy "A Rifleman Went to War" and "The Emma Gees" right now.

Quote:
or maybe even against

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:42 am 
Corporal

I would like to see something else than anoughter American shooter. The Americans didnt do everything. In fact, in WW2 the Russians did most of the fighting. They held stalingrad, wich was one of the key turningpoints in the war, and they took Berlin. In Western Europe the British and Canadians did most of the libirating while Amerika was racing to Berlin to hold back the Rusians. Ok i might have been speaking Rusian if it wasnt for that, but even that is questionable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:35 am 
Staff Sergeant

DerMann wrote:
But then again, being a Canadian in WWI or WWII is just like being British, except without a cool accent or facial hair ;)

I was born in Canada and I LOL'd...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:13 pm 
Major General

Silent wrote:
DerMann wrote:

I was born in Canada and I LOL'd...

Then you know it's true, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:28 pm 
Corporal

Canadians are cool. I'm always keen to see them get their kudos.