Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:07 pm

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:33 pm 
Corporal

Location: 3 -story building, 2nd floor, 3rd window from the left..can you see the shine?
sorry if this has been asked very very many times, but what is shadow organization that you talked in the PReview of Alliance?
and what ever it is, is it in the WWI or WWII or any other
Vietnam war or pacific war? or do we play as ordinary soldiers on WWI, WWII and Vietnam war? and Cuba's civil war?
or do we only play as them in the 1978 or 2000?
cos i don't want to see some Shadow thing in WWI, WWII or any other vietnam and paficif wars
i want to see them on the future, like 2000
and about that gameplay trailer
is that Israel against hizbollah or what?
or Israel against iran of course? :P
please i need answers :P

Btw. Is the game gonna be same in PS3 and X360?
and does the PS3 version support Keyboard and mouse?
answer to this too, or if you haven't decided yet, then make it support keyboard and mouse :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:31 pm 
Major General

You will be playing as a members of a secret family that have a hand in all the major wars and events (yes that includes WWI and WWII).

The game spans from 1914 -> Present, so I don't know if it'll include the situation with Hezbollah and Israel, although it'd be interesting.

As for the XBox 360 and PS3, I believe the official answer for that is "As of now, not yet." So expect it to come out on PC first.

The Maxim gun, and they have not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:52 pm 
Captain

Also in the video it was Israel vs Arab states of Egypt, Jordan, Iraq, and Syria
altough I dont think so because the 6 day war was before 1978 so maybe just a conflict in egypt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:55 pm 
Four Star General

I only need to elaborate a bit on what DerMan and Bigdaddy said.

It's actually the Yom Kippur War in 1973.

Our actual stance on consoles is that it's currently being developed for the PC, but it will most likely be released on one or more next gen consoles as well. Actual specifics we can't announce yet.

We're keeping in mind the whole keyboard / mouse thing. Though it's still premature as we're not ready to announce anything on the console end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:24 am 
Corporal

Location: 3 -story building, 2nd floor, 3rd window from the left..can you see the shine?
oh yes good!
the keyboard and mouse on PS3 will be the most fun playing on soffa :P
but thought, it's your game so you decide will it come to consoles or will it not, but still it would be nice to see this game on PS3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:36 am 
Sergeant First Class

Sox34 wrote:
Our actual stance on consoles is that it's currently being developed for the PC, but it will most likely be released on one or more next gen consoles as well. Actual specifics we can't announce yet.

We're keeping in mind the whole keyboard / mouse thing. Though it's still premature as we're not ready to announce anything on the console end.

I'll promise to buy 2 copies if you promise not to release it on consoles. Seems like every game that goes from PC to console goes down the tubes eventually. Most notably the Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon series that Red Storm developed originally for the PC. Then UBI bought RSE and started porting the R6 games to console and now they port the console versions to the PC. AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Now they play like counter strike with a lame story behind them.

Sorry I read consoles and it scared me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:25 am 
Sergeant Major

SanSalvados wrote:
oh yes good!
the keyboard and mouse on PS3 will be the most fun playing on soffa :P
but thought, it's your game so you decide will it come to consoles or will it not, but still it would be nice to see this game on PS3

Buy a Nintendo Wii... It will be a better choice...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:18 am 
Master Sergeant

Not all games that are designed for console & pc release turn out "dumbed down" but most do.

The problem i think is that there's this idea that if you own a console, your not inteligent, so you better not make the game too complex, or have a high learning curve because of the limitations of the controler, the low resolution (big text) and younger audiance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:11 pm 
Sergeant First Class

DEFkon wrote:
Not all games that are designed for console & pc release turn out "dumbed down" but most do.

The problem i think is that there's this idea that if you own a console, your not inteligent, so you better not make the game too complex, or have a high learning curve because of the limitations of the controler, the low resolution (big text) and younger audiance.

Name one. What I am talking about are games originally made for PC only and are then ported to consoles. It has nothing to do with being "dumbed down". Consoles in the past weren't able to handle the more complex AI, larger levels, graphics issues, etc. PC gaming has been in high definition for quite some time, we just didn't call it that. HD has very little to do with graphics quality. What I meant by what I said was the publishers see how much easier it is to make and sell games for consoles than PC, so they focus their efforts more towards the consoles as it probably will bring them more money and then port them back over to the PC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:40 pm 
Private

i love console games and PC games not every PC game that has been ported to consoles are bad. The thing is consoles are great for one you dont have to install the game, you dont need a graphics card to play any of the games, and your console wont crash or all of a sudden make your game not work. Though thats not to say Pc's are horrible cuz i would rather play a 1st person shooter especially an online one on the PC rather than a console but still they are both equally great and bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:28 pm 
Master Sergeant

Athenian wrote:

Name one.

Oblivion

But i agree with your point, that games made for consoles typically have a larger demographic, so it's not uncommon for the console game to be ported to the pc, rather than the other way around. It's just that i haven't found that games designed for consoles make very good pc games. Although you could also make the argument that in general ports of any nature aren't as good as the original. In general i tend to feel that when a game is designed from the get go as "multi-platform" that there are features or elements that end up inevitiably on the cutting room floor, that wouldn't have been dismissed if it was being designed primarily for a single platform. Multi-Platform while although not always warented, is a term that rises concerns that the content has been "dumbed down" to the lowest common denominator. Take games like "Falcon" or "lockon" some of the more realistic flight combat simulators out there. The quick start key layouts for either game probably list about 50-100 unique controls for all the switches and dials ect. I'd have a hard time believing that if either of those games was designed for a console + PC co-release that, they'd be anything short of arcade shooters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:57 pm 
Staff Sergeant

id have to agree about the console thing. i love consoles, and i think they can have good fps. but i am somewhat unsure on whether they can handle alliance, simply because it could get pretty complex based on what ive seen.
and good point about tom clancy. ive wondered myself how we got so far from the hardcore fps action of the originals

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:50 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Support for Live Anywhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:45 am 
Sergeant First Class

DEFkon wrote:
Athenian wrote:

Name one.

Oblivion

Wasn't it ported to the consoles not from?

I'm not really trying to make this about consoles vs. pc. It's just Alliance is really my only hope for a realistic fps that has modern weapons in them. Rainbow Six jumped off a cliff when it comes to anything that resembles realism. Now it's just your typical shooter. Counter-Strike? lol don't even wanna go there. GRAW is a pretty good game but the lack of options limits its replayability. Though I can say the developers (GRIN) have done a great job at being on the forums and listening to what the community wants and doesn't, as are the Alliance guys on here. :)