Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:05 pm

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:41 pm 
Corporal

Will you be including a coop mode for muti player? I really think you should as its a mode that can really build up a big community along side the more traditional CTF mode. It especially appeals to people interested in military first person shooters as the game can be slowed down and people act more as a real military unit, as opposed to the run and gun style that most CTF fans play.

Anyhow heres hoping for a coop mode. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:49 pm 
Four Star General

Do you mean playing the single player campain in coop fashion? Or more cooperative gametypes for multiplayer?

For the former, it's too early to confirm or deny.

For the latter, most definitely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 5:54 pm 
Corporal

I have always enjoied working with people more than working against them. The more co-op stuff the better imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:25 pm 
Corporal

dont play many games co-op but it sounds good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 8:38 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

ooo that sounds good to me i can just think of teaming up and playing a mission as a seal squad or something

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:47 am 
Corporal

Sox34 wrote:
Do you mean playing the single player campain in coop fashion? Or more cooperative gametypes for multiplayer?

I mean teaming up with a group of human players and fighting against loads of AI controlled enemies.

Sounds like you will be doing this. :D

Any ideas of the maximum amount of human players who'll be able to play in a coop mission? 10 is a good amount....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:32 am 
Private

Game is going to support moding and coop MP mod - what else I can wish for?
Maybe Mila Jovovich to come together with my game copy in bundle. :D

Steppenwolf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:00 am 
Private First Class

Zammo wrote:
Sox34 wrote:

I mean teaming up with a group of human players and fighting against loads of AI controlled enemies.

Sounds like you will be doing this. :D

Any ideas of the maximum amount of human players who'll be able to play in a coop mission? 10 is a good amount....

i remember playing coop mode in the delta force series. it is hella fun, hope we see it in this game

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:51 am 
Corporal

I'd like to see going through the campaign in cooperative. As for me scripted missions with human teammates gives the most fun and realistic experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:30 pm 
Corporal

Tango Lima 832 wrote:
I'd like to see going through the campaign in cooperative. As for me scripted missions with human teammates gives the most fun and realistic experience.

Agreed 100%.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:29 pm 
Major General

Most games don't do a Coop campaign, and I really would like one with coop. Not only does it give you a great experience, but it also adds a butt-load of extra gameplay. Most people only play through a game once. But when you can do it with friends, it makes it different each time you play.

Kind of off topic, but will there be multiple paths to reach an objective (like CoD), instead of just one predetermined path?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:35 pm 
Four Star General

There will be multiple paths, but the single player levels won't be completely open where you can roam anywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:54 pm 
Recruit

Hi Sox,

From your earlier reply, it seems you may have some confusion over the very specific meaning of COOP. Coop means humans on one side, ONLY AI ENEMY on the other side. no humans vs Humans, only huamns vs AI. It can still bec alled coop if the friendly side has AI bots to control and assit, but the enemy side cannot have anything but AI.

So in this light, will you be including coop?

You seemed to be on the track of answering when you said playing the campaign in coop, you werent sure. Those of us that LOVE coop would LOVE to be able to play the SP campaign in coop, where our AI comrades can remain AI, or be replaced by humans.

Although the current state of Ghost recon:Advanced warfighter is buggy at best, they have a proper example of the concept of coop. Another great coop game was hidden and dangerous 2: sabre squadron.

Thanks if you take a moment to narrow down your reply to the ideaof including coop. coop can add years of play to game for me and my buddies. Often times, we get tired of playing against other humans, since humans rarely form in groups where all players act like they would in real war. Good AI on the enemy side can alleviate the presence of cowboys, bunny hoopers, cheaters etc. it gives alot of us the best possible game play expereince. my freinds and I against a AI enemy.

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:56 pm 
Four Star General

It's too early to say if we'll be able to include coop mode (you and your buddies against the enemy ai) for the single player campaign, though it is something that we are seriously looking at. The same goes for multiplayer where one team is purely composed of bots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:05 am 
Corporal

I really hope you do put it in, as said before its one of the modes that can attract a large fan base to the game and also people more interested in serious game play tend to go for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:02 am 
Corporal

Always on the look out for a decent co-op game. This is my first priority in any games purchase.
A good co-op game can only be based upon a game with a strong single player theme. If the Single player theme provides for AI wingmen, then co-op gameplay is intuitive.

If you do look at Hidden and Dangerous 2, (a little known but benchmark shooter) please also look at the "Objectives" mode of team versus team multiplayer game.

In this gametype each map has an individual set of conflicting mission objectives. The two teams play a mission similar in theme to the single player goals but are pitted against each other and not AI. They use a variety of simple FPS game devices. For example. Capture the documents, destroy the bridge, escape with the documents. The documents are always displayed on the map so this element plays like Capture the Flag, and the Bridge part plays like a simple Attack/Defend game. By combining multiple objectives the game is quite fluid and tactical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:14 am 
Recruit

Coop has provided a means for a more serious community to get a bondng expereince with their friends, while not having to deal with cheaters, hackers, exploiters or run and gun cowboys etc. All these groups are guilty of the same thing. they prevent groups of friends from having the suspenseful experience of serious game play they are looking for. Coop, at least for me and my crowd, has always been the most fun form of multi-human gaming.

BTW. Exploiters are poeple like those in BF2 that use the jump function to generate rediculously unreaslistic movements like the one known as the "Bunny hop". I'm not a true hard core realistic guy either. but no one likes wildly impossible maneuvers to be possible in a game like this either. They want gravity and other aspects of the real world to constrain all players equally. so the playing feild is fair and somewhat normalized. So called "Realism" is hard to achieve, but always worth the effort you can give it. But avoiding things that players can do which are way outside the norm of possibility is very important in making game play strong.

Of course, a rich Anti cheat that is really hard to beat is also a big one.

Objective based multiplayer (note that I used the term multiplayer, which to me, indicates humans on both teams) can also be alot of fun. Like Americas Army and so many other games, it has become increasingly difficult to set up games where one side doesn't have to deal with cheaters or cowboys or exploiters.

Thanks for coming to the forums and talking with us Sox. Its rare to see such high level dev openness. Refreshing. I hope this crowd doesn't abuse the priviledge.

What do you do for the game? coder? producer? artist? I'm an outsource QA guy in the PC and console gaming industry and we work for many large publishers and developers. So we see all the inner workings. But I rarely see devs out front on their game like this. I will hold high hopes for your game and talk it up as much as one man can.

Wishing you all the best,

Sleepdoc

My typos are legendary. I choose not to correct them as a form of unique signature

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:16 am 
Four Star General

Thanks for the kudos Sleepdoc.

We're very much trying to have a higher level of interaction with the community at every step of the way and are happy to hear that people like that we do so.

I'm a programmer / designer. We're trying to keep ourselves somewhat anonymous, though some of you have probably figured out who we are by now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:00 pm 
Recruit

Hi Sox34 and everyone else. It really looks like you have a real awesome game in the works.
I know you heard a lot of people mention SP/Co-Op but I just wanted to add that there is a huge following for Co-Op game mode. One big reason is for people who do not have access to fast internet service and have only dial up and are not able to play online with out lag or lagging everyone else. The Co-Op game mode gives those people a chance to play the MP maps(levels) with bots instead of humans without connecting to a server. Plus Co-Op could be run just like a MP server and people could connect and play all humans against bots are maybe they can play on either team with bots on both teams. (does this make sense lol)

Battlefield Singleplayer site http://battlefieldsingleplayer.planetba ... hp?act=idx
which is a forum dedicated to SP/Co-Op for Battlefield1942, BF Vietnam and BF2 games has 2,299 members that go there for all there SP/Coop needs. When BF2 was released without Co-Op the community was really upset. So much so they had a online petition to get Co-Op mode integrated into the game. Eventually EA listened and one of there next patches they finally added this Game Mode to BF2.
So you see there is a huge following of Co-Op and I really think you would have a biiger following of this game if it was included.
Thanks for your time. :D
HG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:35 pm 
Recruit

I fully agree with Homegrown and would also like to add support to sleepdogs comments also. I shy away from pure multiplayer games due to the cheaters and hackers in the gaming world, and have found Coop one of the best antedotes to this problem. I realise that the inclusion of an AI controlled side versus a human side supplemented with AI forces may not be as unpredicatable as a human v human side, but it beats the hell out of any game that is subject to the abuse that seems rife in many multiplayer games. My best online experiences have been playing Coop games and I hope this game will offer the same, because when I checked out the videos and screenshots for this game I was gobsmacked at the beauty of it. I only play BF2 at the moment. BF2142 is a non starter for me, so Bf2 will remain my main source of gam play for a while yet, but this game looks like it's going to be brilliant. No doubt it's going to need the very best of hard ware, so I'd better get saving as I don't want to miss the launch, especially if it is coop supported. Thanks.

WR