The War
Headlines
Movies
Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:34 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:23 am 
Offline
Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 1826
Location: Hayward, Cali
What the fuck!! :x

This justa ntoehr confirmation that consoles get alot of the good games, in addition to the PCs best titles.

Dark Sector was a very promising game. The devloper's goals of creating a distinct character and a gameplay relevant storyline were refreshingly innovative.

You know what? I hope that Microsoft and Sony encounter some sort of economic difficulty which prevents them from producing any more 360s.

Time, and time again, I read in PC Gaming magazines how the PC isn't dying. It's holding it's own against the consoles.

Bullshit. Every single game that PC Gamers are looking forward to will be ported to the PC soon after release.

_________________
Go pioneers!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:35 am 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:44 am
Posts: 853
I never heard of that game.

_________________
Johnny Rico wrote:
This is for all you new people, I only have one rule; everyone fights, no one quits, you don't do your job, I'll kill you myself.......do you get me?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:27 am 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:30 pm
Posts: 431
Location: Hot, hot FL
Me neither. Again though, the whole 'war' between the consoles and the PC is one of the many reasons why I try to avoid game related forums; I just find it stupid. To each their own I guess.

_________________
!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:32 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 1826
Location: Hayward, Cali
AeroCmdr wrote:
I never heard of that game.

Well, you would... If you were more serious about gaming.

Quote:
gain though, the whole 'war' between the consoles and the PC is one of the many reasons why I try to avoid game related forums; I just find it stupid. To each their own I guess.

Again, this would be differenent if you were more serious about PC Gaming.

Consoles are completely owning the PCs, in part because many console devlopers have many more years of experience.

Also, PC gamers constantly have to put up with technical problems. It has become a principal aspect of the PC Gamign experience : looking for work arounds to the numerous bugs that developers have so thoughtfully incorperated int o their games. Console gamers don't have to out up with the kind of crap.


The game industry is giving gamers very little reason to choose a PC over a console.

_________________
Go pioneers!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:53 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:30 pm
Posts: 431
Location: Hot, hot FL
I see what you are saying; I have been playing more and more console games lately, that is for sure. For me it's just back and forth between the two, though, I did grow up playing on both. I am sure once I get a new PC I'll be back on it in the future.

_________________
!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:12 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:44 am
Posts: 853
|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:
AeroCmdr wrote:
I never heard of that game.

Well, you would... If you were more serious about gaming.

Quote:
gain though, the whole 'war' between the consoles and the PC is one of the many reasons why I try to avoid game related forums; I just find it stupid. To each their own I guess.

Again, this would be differenent if you were more serious about PC Gaming.

Consoles are completely owning the PCs, in part because many console devlopers have many more years of experience.

Also, PC gamers constantly have to put up with technical problems. It has become a principal aspect of the PC Gamign experience : looking for work arounds to the numerous bugs that developers have so thoughtfully incorperated int o their games. Console gamers don't have to out up with the kind of crap.


The game industry is giving gamers very little reason to choose a PC over a console.
Well no I only follow realistic games and games with unique game play. I loathe the xbox. Consoles are generally for people that don't have the knowledge and money to get a good PC gaming rig.

_________________
Johnny Rico wrote:
This is for all you new people, I only have one rule; everyone fights, no one quits, you don't do your job, I'll kill you myself.......do you get me?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:28 pm 
Offline
2nd Lieutenant

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:17 pm
Posts: 592
and consoles last about a year to two years before theyr total garbage bcause noones gonna release games for older consoles, so the games for that console become booooorinnngg. thats 1 reason a good pc rig can be better, because you might get a new mainboard , but keep your ram and your processor. it offers more upgradability...

_________________
No sigs makes threads load faster!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:30 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 1826
Location: Hayward, Cali
No offense, but that sounded really ignorant

Quote:
and consoles last about a year to two years before theyr total garbage bcause noones gonna release games for older consoles,

Uh, helloooo... :?

Halo 2 was released in 2004, more than 3 years after the XBOXs debut.

XBXO games are stil being now that the XBOX is about to celebrate it's 6th birthday.

Console's tend to last more than a PC because console devlopers tend to be a lot more efficient in terms of their hardware utilization.

And when the console finally does become outdated, it only takes $400 or soemthing to get the next iteration, unlike a PC which demands a minamum of $1000 for any significant upgrade.

Quote:
Well no I only follow realistic games and games with unique game play. I loathe the xbox. Consoles are generally for people that don't have the knowledge and money to get a good PC gaming rig.

..Or don't want to put up with all the buggy bullshit.

How many times have you're games crashed? How many times have strange things occured and you had to go look for a solution on the net?

You see, such concerns are unheard of for console games.

They have tons of bug free games to choose from.

Hell, they have an attachment for the PS3 whichlets you use the good ol' keyboard and mouse combo. It won't be much longer before that is ported to the XBOX 360.

_________________
Go pioneers!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:56 pm 
Offline
2nd Lieutenant

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:17 pm
Posts: 592
good point though i disagree with that 1000 minimum for any upgrades. 1000 would buy you a very nice gaming rig which was not exactly the cutting edge but just a lil bit further back then that..

_________________
No sigs makes threads load faster!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:55 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:44 am
Posts: 853
|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:
No offense, but that sounded really ignorant

Quote:
and consoles last about a year to two years before theyr total garbage bcause noones gonna release games for older consoles,

Uh, helloooo... :?

Halo 2 was released in 2004, more than 3 years after the XBOXs debut.

XBXO games are stil being now that the XBOX is about to celebrate it's 6th birthday.

Console's tend to last more than a PC because console devlopers tend to be a lot more efficient in terms of their hardware utilization.

And when the console finally does become outdated, it only takes $400 or soemthing to get the next iteration, unlike a PC which demands a minamum of $1000 for any significant upgrade.

Quote:
Well no I only follow realistic games and games with unique game play. I loathe the xbox. Consoles are generally for people that don't have the knowledge and money to get a good PC gaming rig.

..Or don't want to put up with all the buggy bullshit.

How many times have you're games crashed? How many times have strange things occured and you had to go look for a solution on the net?

You see, such concerns are unheard of for console games.

They have tons of bug free games to choose from.

Hell, they have an attachment for the PS3 whichlets you use the good ol' keyboard and mouse combo. It won't be much longer before that is ported to the XBOX 360.
This is a very old argument that will probably never end. Crashes happen even on consoles. You have really no mods available for console games and the winner you can not look up pr0n on consoles unless you mod linux or something onto it.

_________________
Johnny Rico wrote:
This is for all you new people, I only have one rule; everyone fights, no one quits, you don't do your job, I'll kill you myself.......do you get me?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:33 pm 
Offline
Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:51 am
Posts: 284
Location: Mass
The Wii has an internet browser. :wink:
Unfortunatly i don't think it knows how to handle .mpg or .avi though... but it will handle flash. Don't know about quicktime, but probably not. Since Nintendo updates the consoles firmware/software on a nearly daily basis it probably be brought up to speed eventually.

Well if your looking for a PC exclusive i recently heard that Cryslis (or whatever it's called) the follow up to Far Cry is slated to be an exlusive for the PC "because the consoles don't have the hardware or software requirements". On one hand -- yay a win for the PC.. On the other hand... how expensive of a machine will you need in order to just run the game then :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:14 pm 
Offline
Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:01 pm
Posts: 46
Location: Santa Cruz
Im with you FEAR....I wanted this game as well...now its gone...and the PC isnt dying...its merely got a speeding ticket.

_________________
Those who hide may never win, but those who win may never have the chance to hide.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:46 pm 
Offline
Staff Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:38 pm
Posts: 192
the promised coming of the savior, windows vista, will return balance to the force (of consumer electronics). besides, we can keep upgrading our tech. im actually thinking of getting a new double layered graphics card, which is basically 2 super cards attached together, and made one. and if u run too of those... well, as i always say, the best kind of kill is overkill :). id like to see consolers try that


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:14 am 
Offline
Corporal

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:30 pm
Posts: 90
That sucks that it's not coming for the PC, it looked cool :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:39 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 1826
Location: Hayward, Cali
More gaming stuff!! :D

Two new Halo 2 vista videos from CES 2007 (I call it porn)

http://download.gamevideos.com/8362/gv. ... 40x360.mov

http://download.gamevideos.com/8363/gv. ... 40x360.mov

Gamespot goes Hnads on with the game

More CES videos at here


The games of 2007 on Voodoo Extreme

_________________
Go pioneers!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group