Headlines
Movies
Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:20 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:04 pm 
Major General

Titanium is much stronger than aluminium, so if the budget permits, we should always go for the stronger material. And I also think that titianium is lighter than aluminium. Of course, aluminium and kevelar are both much less exspensive than titanium.

As for the position you offered me, would I get lackeys and access to the Kool Aid stock pile?

The Maxim gun, and they have not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:08 pm 
Major General

DerMann wrote:
Titanium is much stronger than aluminium, so if the budget permits, we should always go for the stronger material. And I also think that titianium is lighter than aluminium. Of course, aluminium and kevelar are both much less exspensive than titanium.

As for the position you offered me, would I get lackeys and access to the Kool Aid stock pile?

Yes, titanium is indeed much stronger, but heavier too. How much heavier im not sure, but I know aluminum is lighter.

As to the fringe benfits, of course! You can also give imput as to what weapons we should be stockpiling at various HQ across the US, as you seem to have a large knowledge of firearms :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:12 pm 
Major General

You are correct, Titanium has an atomic mass of 47.867 AMU while Aluminium has an atomic mass of 26.981 AMU.

However, perhaps we could reinforce vital parts with a thin layer of titanium.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:17 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

we are also puting you in charge of not giving guns to idiots who will do more damage then good

Sox's assistant and the number one grunt of the NZG
don't mess with a nation that needs medication

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:36 pm 
Major General

Ooo, can I be propaganda minister too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:52 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

no that job is for sox

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:08 pm 
Major General

You can't let your second in command take such a huge task. Come on, I've wanted to be propaganda minister ever since I made it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:09 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

but sox would be so much better at it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:13 pm 
Major General

Fine, can I have some other prestigious position?

Last edited by DerMann on Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:15 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

i'd have to consult the others about that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:16 pm 
Major General

DerMann wrote:
Fine, can I have some other prestigious position?

Yes, you get to be head of the armories. Your responsiblities will be to keep track of stockpiles of guns, ammo, and the statistics and stuff for transporting them and stuff.

You get to shoot to shoot the guns in order to estimate their capabilities in killing zombies aswell. Yay! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:19 pm 
Major General

I'd gladly accept the position of "Keeper of the Video Clips of Animals Doing Human Things" or "Lead Researcher for Weapons that Do Not Yet Exist, But Should", or both.

*Edit* Lol posted too late.

I glady accept the title of "Master Keeper of the NZG Armoury".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:23 pm 
Major General

Hell, have the other jobs too :D

Hmmm.... Sox can be our front man... you up for it Sox?

*waits for answer*

Course ya are! Hurray!!!

Now wheres Big? We need to discuss the protocals and procedures of testing the prototype zombie suit. Speaking of which, hows that coming along Dermann?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:25 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

well i think we all should work in groups of atleast 2 i mean one to take the day sift and one for night

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:38 pm 
Major General

It was his first day of school today, and I haven't seen him on MSN all day, so I assume his school was attacked by zombies. Sadly, since he didn't take the time to read the ZSG (shorthand for ZSG), I fear he is either dead of zombified.

As for the suit, it works like a regular wetsuit, but a bit more rigid (due to the aluminium scales). I've decided to replace the outer layer of neoprene with kevelar, but the inner layer of neoprene stays for comfort and protection. It zips up from the waist line up to the neck, where the zipper is concealed by a velcro strap. The entire zipper is covered by a flap of fabric that is velcroed down.

The helmet is made of aircraft grade aluminium, and is, for the most part, a copy of the Mjolnir helmet from Halo. It doesn't have any fancy optics or HUD's, but it has mountings for flash lights and what not. It screws onto the neckguard of the suit, making it nearly impossible for the zombies to tear it off. There is an oxygen rebreather attached to the front of the mask making it a self-sustaining suit, meaning you can go into pretty much any environment and be safe (except for a firey type environment). It is advisable to change out the filters of the rebreather at least once a month.

Gloves and boots are constructed and attached in a similar manner. The only difference in construction is that there are simple titanium plates in lieu of scales, and they are only on the back part of the hand, letting the wearer to grab stuff more easily.

Boot are constructed pretty much the same way as the gloves. They will have soft rubber soles for ultra noise reduction. Plates of metal will be inserted into the sole, on the sides of the ankle, toe, and heel. The boots will reach up to about 3" past the ankle and will zipper onto the suit.

Also, there are velcro straps for securing a CamelBak type device on your back, and a hole in which a water tube can pass through. This is standard on all suits, and each water bladder holds approximately 3 litres of liquid.

With training, one should be able to put one on in about 10 minutes.

The suits are recommended for the following environments:

-Artic tundra
-Under water
-Urban
-Country side
-Desert*

* There are chemical inserts availible that keep the body temperature down.

Last edited by DerMann on Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:40 pm 
Major General

darkdragon wrote:
well i think we all should work in groups of atleast 2 i mean one to take the day sift and one for night

Yes, for for certain staff positions, like the Rapid Response Radio Operator, who relays reports of outbreaks up the chain of command. But not for people with leadership responsibilities, like Sox and I.

Cant exactly have 2 presidents..

Good idea Dark, how would you like to be in the R&D department? (research and development) aka. the brainstormers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:42 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

i'm sox underling if you haven't figured that out i have my post and i'm sticking too it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:44 pm 
Major General

We should have assistants for all positions. If not to serve as back-ups, then to be of help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:48 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

so what are our plans for training i mean we are gonna need some target practice and to be trained to shoot for the head wich is a smaller target then what most train for wich is the chest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:50 pm 
Major General

darkdragon wrote:
i'm sox underling if you haven't figured that out i have my post and i'm sticking too it

I guess that works. Youll make a fine assistant Dark. Mustve missed that... oh well.

I wonder if Big wants to be in R&D.

*response to Dermann (yall posted as I was typing the last post, had to edit) >_<* :

Good progress. Have you come up with a way to keep the person in the suit hydrated? Like through a water recipticle located in the suit? By the way.. I had this idea.. What if there was a built in system thats in the suit, that injects poison that attacks the nervous system, basically killing the brain, in the event that one should become infected? There would have to be, of course, a way for the suit to detect the virus once it was in the blood stream. The poison would release once the person "died" the first time, and would destroy the brain. Thus making the body unable to re-animate and become a zombie. It should be noted that immediant release of the poison is not reccomened, seeing as how the infected person may not want to die while they are still a person.

Just an idea I had..

*Edit* (stop posting 5 times while im typing lol)

darkdragon wrote:
so what are our plans for training i mean we are gonna need some target practice and to be trained to shoot for the head wich is a smaller target then what most train for wich is the chest

Quite so. We need someone who is very skilled with fireamrs to be the lead trainer. We also need a recruiter.

And Dermann is right... staff memebers need assistants.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next