Just picked this up

Attachments:
DSC_6020.jpg
DSC_6020.jpg [ 194.16 KiB | Viewed 6471 times ]

Post subject: Re: Yo :P
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:41 pm 
Captain

Nice! What caliber is it?

Last edited by Bigdaddy on Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:53 pm 
Major General

This is now a post timestampped photos of the chamber of your rifle thread.

The Maxim gun, and they have not.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:44 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

22 cal :) I just shot it and now my ears hurt but wow so much fun! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:54 pm 
Captain

Can you post a picture of the other side?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:02 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Its a pellet gun but 900 fps and all metal!

Attachments:
IMG_20140717_170443.jpg
IMG_20140717_170443.jpg [ 214.57 KiB | Viewed 6450 times ]

Last edited by #//neostyles.CD on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:10 pm 
Captain

#//neostyles.CD wrote:
Its a pellet gun but 900 fps and all metal!

So, it's not a .22 then...how did it hurt your ears?

http://www.crosman.com/airguns/rifles/pump/30117

800fps and it's not all metal, I mean you could have just told the truth.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:23 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Whoops, yeah. My bad. A little woozy. Just got some blood drawn. But it is pretty damn loud. xD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:32 pm 
Captain

#//neostyles.CD wrote:
Whoops, yeah. My bad. A little woozy. Just got some blood drawn. But it is pretty damn loud. xD

I mean, I don't really see how getting blood drawn would make you all of the sudden imagine your pellet gun is a .22. It's whatever, but I was excited for you and then you just blatantly lie about it.

I mean I could say my glock is a 10mm

Oh wait....it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:11 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Pretty cool bigdaddy! Ill do some shooting tests sometime to show just how much of a toy this thing isnt :P Strange thing was that i used to live somewhere where the gun laws werent too bad but now im back to palo alto which probably has the dumbest gun laws in all of the state. :P I mean, this a town where you see "impeach bush" bumper stickers everywhere.. Its basically the most liberal place ever. When i get out of here and start working, i definitely intend to start building my collection. The ruger 10/22... is only $270! Wow i have lenses that cost more!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:22 am 
Master Sergeant

1. Congrats on the purchase Neo, I hope you like her. Do be wary of loud reports without ear protection as hearing damage is accumulative.

2. Damn I'm sure it's just the lighting.. but that AK's chamber looks like it was cleaned with charcoal.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:18 am 
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, im defenitely in the market for some cheap ear protection. My previous co2 bb gun didnt sound very loud, but when i fired my first shot, i could feel my ears starting to object. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:07 am 
Major General

#//neostyles.CD wrote:
im back to palo alto which probably has the dumbest gun laws in all of the state.

Still not as bad as New York.

It's almost like you're obfuscating the truth as to why you don't own any guns.

There's plenty of public land (a luxury we in Texas do not have) on which you can shoot and spending $100 on a pellet gun with a silly looking shell (no one actually like the ACR after Shrubmaster got ahold of it) when you could have spent $150 on a Mosin-Nagant is silly.

Actually, you probably shouldn't ever shoot an actual firearm if a .177 caliber, subsonic BB gun hurts your ears. For the record, and ask bigdaddy about it, my Webley is so ridiculously low pressure it's actually pleasant to discharge without hearing protection.

Enjoy your BB gun, I have a sweet ass Red Ryder that I keep on my porch to shoot junebugs and beetles with, they're fun, but not worth more than $30.

The Maxim gun, and they have not.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:54 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

LOL that pic. Anyway, yeah, i figure im really just about done with bbs. Pellets pack quite a bit more power and are far more accurate from what I can tell. Hell, in fact crossman even says that it can be used for small game hunting. :) Hell, the red ryder only puts out around 1.3 foot/lbs of energy where as this packs over 7.

I will def pick up a cheap pistol i think when i move out. I could have most definitely picked up a mosin nagant but im living with my parents at the moment (very temporarily I should add) and I think they might have had a heart attack :lol: Seriously, california and texas are probably the the two most different states. Palo Alto is probablt one of the most liberal towns. Wikipedia (for what its worth) says that " In New York, however, the statutory civil rights laws contain a provision virtually identical to the Second Amendment."

The main reason i went with an air gun is that ive been pretty bored here since i moved back after graduation and i can generally get away with firing an air gun in the back yard. That and the ammo is dirt cheap. You can get a tin of pellets for only $10. :D Plus, the gun actually will shoot supersonic. But yeah, when i get out of here i will probably get something. Mosin or a 10/22. 10/22 has all those cool conversion kits. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:25 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but last time I checked the speed of sound is right about 340 meters / second, or 1120 ft/s. That air gun is specc'd to shoot at up to only 800 with bbs, slower with pellets. Not the 900 ft/s you stated earlier, and certainly not supersonic.

It's an airgun man. Please never again ever, EVER, admit you checked the ft/lbs of an airgun as bragging measure.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:46 pm 
Sergeant First Class

Dude Air Rifles are not toys.
We use them for hunting all the time here in Yorkshire its their main use.

But small game means SMALL game. Like rabbits and pigeons and stuff. (Or rats where your living, that's probably the only wildlife that's legal to kill round you :P).

Ive owned several Crosman's (and still have a PPK somewhere) and they will happily kill a rabbit (or a pheasant if your a good shot at the head)
but other than that they are really low powered when compared to a real firearm.

The experience between shooting the two is night and day (even between an .22 Air gun and .22 firearm).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:19 pm 
Captain

#//neostyles.CD wrote:
LOL that pic. Anyway, yeah, i figure im really just about done with bbs. Pellets pack quite a bit more power and are far more accurate from what I can tell. Hell, in fact crossman even says that it can be used for small game hunting. :) Hell, the red ryder only puts out around 1.3 foot/lbs of energy where as this packs over 7.

I will def pick up a cheap pistol i think when i move out. I could have most definitely picked up a mosin nagant but im living with my parents at the moment (very temporarily I should add) and I think they might have had a heart attack :lol: Seriously, california and texas are probably the the two most different states. Palo Alto is probablt one of the most liberal towns. Wikipedia (for what its worth) says that " In New York, however, the statutory civil rights laws contain a provision virtually identical to the Second Amendment."

The main reason i went with an air gun is that ive been pretty bored here since i moved back after graduation and i can generally get away with firing an air gun in the back yard. That and the ammo is dirt cheap. You can get a tin of pellets for only $10. :D Plus, the gun actually will shoot supersonic. But yeah, when i get out of here i will probably get something. Mosin or a 10/22. 10/22 has all those cool conversion kits. :)

There's a reason why certain people here who live in New York had to move their weapons to a different state. New York is horrible for anything to do with the 2nd Amendment, why do you think any gun companies or any companies that had anything to do with guns moved down south? At least in commifornia there are companies able to still make firearms and even suppressors.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:27 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

scradge wrote:
Dude Air Rifles are not toys.
We use them for hunting all the time here in Yorkshire its their main use.

But small game means SMALL game. Like rabbits and pigeons and stuff. (Or rats where your living, that's probably the only wildlife that's legal to kill round you :P).

Ive owned several Crosman's (and still have a PPK somewhere) and they will happily kill a rabbit (or a pheasant if your a good shot at the head)
but other than that they are really low powered when compared to a real firearm.

The experience between shooting the two is night and day (even between an .22 Air gun and .22 firearm).

Well my main purpose is mostly plinking. :) I havent shot anything at all in several years so getting a something chamebered in a large round that can reach out to half a km might be overkill or atleast atm. :) I doubt if my hit ratio would be very high. With those kind of ranges, i might get one hit per box of ammo. :lol: I really hope i can hit something at 30 yards. :P

The sky is really the limit once i move out of here and get my own place though. A pistol (maybe something like bigdaddy's pic) might be good. I live with some people who think that guns are all bad and on the contrary, i dont think i would ever have the heart to hunt. :o

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:10 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Ive taken a look at some break barrel rifles and while some of them seem pretty impressive, the force required to cock them is pretty impressive too) and its hard to see myself shooting for hours like i want to. Plus, most of them dont really look terribly exciting. A $500 one pretty much looks as unassuming as a $100 one. Ehh i think ill just save up for the ruger 10/22!