Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:58 am

Post subject: Compiled suggestions.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:08 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

OK ive got a bucket load of suggestions here, so here are the the ones for the WarStudio.

Calliber Choise: many weapons like the mp5, are chambered to 9mm, 10mm, 40 s&w, .45, ETC!. so it would be nice to be able to choose the differnt callibers for each gun. which would just be another thing you could choose in the war studio.

also Variants of guns, one could choose the Lee Enfield: and get a small list of the no 4 mk1, no 1 mk3, and no 5 mk1.

now beyond that, heres a BIG (book sized) suggestion in the RO forums, most of which i higly agree with, so heres a short form incase you dont like reading lots.

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/s ... hp?t=16373

short form for the suggestions in above link:

1: physical characteristics of a weapon in IS
2:IS Free aim (HIGHLY SUGGESTABLE, also plz lets have hipped freeaim)
3:weapon collision

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(that line seperates the real suggestions with the more "wishy" type suggestions)

1: the ability to switch firing hands, ie: using an assault rifle, if your leaning around a corner, you will notice that firing with your LEFT hand on the trigger and your right on the foregrip, requires you to move much further out from behind the wall your hiding behind. so basically this means to switch the shoulder the weapons stock is up against, from right to left.

2: BA : bodily awareness, this EXTREMELY increases realism, especially because the eye level can be put at the eyes, instead of the top of the helmet, which means NO MORE GETTING SHOT BY THE TOP 1 INCH OF SOMONES HELMET!

3: the permanent ending to clipping with a good collision system, coming from me who is a realism junkie, this is one of the things people have been whining about ALOT on the forums of realism games like RO.

4:overrated recoil, rather what it would be like if you were to fire a gun with relaxed arms without trying to hold the weapon. if a fps gives people the ammount of recoil that a soldier would get doin his best to restrain it, then they can further reduce that by pulling down on the mouse while firing. it should be "overrated" so when you pull back, you get something similar to what a soldier would be getting.

5: very unforgiving bullets; when i first posted on the RO forums i asked " so whats the damage like in this game, do i have to shoot somone 10 times, or 1 time to kill him?", when a dev responded within 5 minutes (yea theyr like that over there, and its a big + for all pr and your peoples, if the devs talk to the community) and he told me it was pretty much 1 hit kill for rifle, and 2 - 3 bullets (ok mabie 4) for a smg. :shock: -(that was me). so all i ask is that at the realism sliders MEDUIM - MAXIMUM that bullets will be very unforgiving.

6: il think of more later :wink:

EDIT:

7: 3 point firing stances: hip, shoulder while NOT aiming down IS, and finally shoulder while aiming down IS.
the shoulder but not aiming down IS, is great for CQB where aim is really quite easy and you want more mobility and view.

8: manual stances, this is an idea which has been around realism games before, but never made an entry, basically, its the ability to slowly move between stances. ie: your in crouch, you hit a button to activate this, you slowley roll your mouse wheel up, and your character slowely stands up. the same might also be possible for leaning. in the end though it would be really handy, but would it affect gameplay so much as to make it worth being put ingame?

Last edited by Colt .45 Killer on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:26 pm 
Major General

I believe they said there will be free aim. I would rather have it where you could choose which hand you use to fire with since it's a very slim chance to be ambidextrous. Sox usually responds a lot but has been busy lately I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:30 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

well im talking about the ability to switch ingame. isntead of going to the menues and changing it, then restarting the current level in order to make the changes. as in;

your weapon is at your right shoulder, you run up to a wall and want to make a shot while leaning out, to expose less ofyour body, you switch to the left shoulder and lean out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:18 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Sorry, I'm about to pull a Steam forums tradition...

Quote:
Calliber Choise: many weapons like the mp5, are chambered to 9mm, 10mm, 40 s&w, .45, ETC!. so it would be nice to be able to choose the differnt callibers for each gun. which would just be another thing you could choose in the war studio.

Weapons should be differenciated by more than just their calibers. For all purpsoes the 9 MM and 10 MM will be identical. The extra carbon copy gun won't contribute to the game in any way.

Quote:
also Variants of guns, one could choose the Lee Enfield: and get a small list of the no 4 mk1, no 1 mk3, and no 5 mk1.

Now this is more like it. :) I believe that they will do this.

I don't know crap about "old" weapons, but what I do know is that there will be an MP5K!

Quote:

You're going to have to elaborate more here...

I believe that the weapons in Alliance will handle very authentically. :D

Quote:

You mean like where the front sight and the rear sight don't always line up? Yeah, this was probably the only aspectof hard core realistic gaming that actually appealed to me.

We should still have the good old iron sight system on loer realsim settings.

Quote:

Like where the guns don't clip through each other when you drop them?

Quote:
1: the ability to switch firing hands, ie: using an assault rifle, if your leaning around a corner, you will notice that firing with your LEFT hand on the trigger and your right on the foregrip, requires you to move much further out from behind the wall your hiding behind. so basically this means to switch the shoulder the weapons stock is up against, from right to left.

Wow! Warning : extreme realism detected! Proceed with caution!

I can defenitely see this making it's way into the highest realism setting.

Honestly, the highest realism setting is shaping up to be something along the lines of armed assault AKA INCREDIBLY SLOW PACED.

Quote:
2: BA : bodily awareness, this EXTREMELY increases realism, especially because the eye level can be put at the eyes, instead of the top of the helmet, which means NO MORE GETTING SHOT BY THE TOP 1 INCH OF SOMONES HELMET!

CSS had this problem for over 2 years. :lol:

Quote:
3: the permanent ending to clipping with a good collision system, coming from me who is a realism junkie, this is one of the things people have been whining about ALOT on the forums of realism games like RO.

That doesn't have much to do with realism, FYI.

Quote:
5: very unforgiving bullets; when i first posted on the RO forums i asked " so whats the damage like in this game, do i have to shoot somone 10 times, or 1 time to kill him?", when a dev responded within 5 minutes (yea theyr like that over there, and its a big + for all pr and your peoples, if the devs talk to the community) and he told me it was pretty much 1 hit kill for rifle, and 2 - 3 bullets (ok mabie 4) for a smg. -(that was me). so all i ask is that at the realism sliders MEDUIM - MAXIMUM that bullets will be very unforgiving.

*gasp*
You speak of the Rainbow Six "one shot and you're dead" damage model?

Gahhhh!!! *runs away*

Quote:
7: 3 point firing stances: hip, shoulder while NOT aiming down IS, and finally shoulder while aiming down IS.
the shoulder but not aiming down IS, is great for CQB where aim is really quite easy and you want more mobility and view.

8: manual stances, this is an idea which has been around realism games before, but never made an entry, basically, its the ability to slowly move between stances. ie: your in crouch, you hit a button to activate this, you slowley roll your mouse wheel up, and your character slowely stands up. the same might also be possible for leaning. in the end though it would be really handy, but would it affect gameplay so much as to make it worth being put ingame?

Oh. My. Freakin. God. :?

This is going to play like a slug on PCP. It's going to make Armed Assault look like Halo 2. :shock:

What about those of us who want to use iron sights see how many bullets we have left but don't want to have to deal with all these pesky things?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:05 am 
Staff Sergeant

.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
Weapons should be differenciated by more than just their calibers. For all purpsoes the 9 MM and 10 MM will be identical. The extra carbon copy gun won't contribute to the game in any way.ut don't want to have to deal with all these pesky things?

?

9mm is not the same as a 10mm. Are you saying the gun or something like ballistics? The only visual difference is the mags if you mean the guns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:21 am 
Lieutenant Colonel

The difference in caliber won't really yield a noticeably different experience.

People consider weapons to be different because :
-Different looks
-Different sound
-Different efffects
-Different animations
-Compatible with different # of attachments (either 2 or 3 I'd guess)
-Compatible with different type of attachments

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:16 am 
Major General

D_LaMz wrote:
Weapons should be differenciated by more than just their calibers. For all purpsoes the 9 MM and 10 MM will be identical. The extra carbon copy gun won't contribute to the game in any way.ut don't want to have to deal with all these pesky things?

?

9mm is not the same as a 10mm. Are you saying the gun or something like ballistics? The only visual difference is the mags if you mean the guns.

I think he's just saying that a Glock 17:

Looks a lot like a Glock 19:

Which, I think for the sake of time, is acceptable. Just modify the Glock 17's texture and you've a Glock 19.

The Maxim gun, and they have not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:09 am 
Major General

DerMann wrote:
D_LaMz wrote:

?

I think he's just saying that a Glock 17:

Looks a lot like a Glock 19:

Which, I think for the sake of time, is acceptable. Just modify the Glock 17's texture and you've a Glock 19.
I think that bottom one may be a Glock 20.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:17 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Does it really matter?

The extra version of the glock won't add anything to the gameplay. Alliance should have 200+ different weapons.

Just an example how realism doesn't entirely lend itself to a good game. In real life, there are plenty of carbon copy variants, but there's no point in adding them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:20 pm 
Major General

Yes it does. We need 9mm, 10mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, and .45 GAP Glocks in fullsize, longslide, sub compact, and compact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:57 pm 
Master Sergeant

Realistically getting every single variant isn't going to happen simply because of the work involved.

That'd be putting lots of extra work in for a relatively tiny ingame difference.

Not saying you won't see variants, just guessing that the more similar weapons are going to be much further down the "to-do" list with weapons actually in service during the appropriate time period (at a guess) getting priority.

I know, I know, I did ask for an extra 5.56 SIG on top of the 550 :D

As for the damage model and such... FEAR I think you've got the wrong idea. Doesn't have to be slow. Games like that are ludicrous amounts of fun played in a fast paced manner. It just means the margin for error is tiny and the battle is won ahead of time. Mental agility becomes the determining factor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:10 pm 
Staff Sergeant

i like the suggestions, but i think that loose aim should definately be optional, because i have barely ever used that and it may be ugly. but yeah, good stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:33 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

AeroCmdr wrote:
Yes it does. We need 9mm, 10mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, and .45 GAP Glocks in fullsize, longslide, sub compact, and compact.

WRONG!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:10 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

this is a suggestion thread asshole, you dont have the right to tell somone theyr wrong, you have the right to tell em you dont like thier suggestion, but you cant go screaming that theyr wrong!.

now, i shal counter ye nub!

Sorry, I'm about to pull a Steam forums tradition...

Quote:

Weapons should be differenciated by more than just their calibers. For all purpsoes the 9 MM and 10 MM will be identical. The extra carbon copy gun won't contribute to the game in any way.

Quote:

Now this is more like it. I believe that they will do this.

I don't know crap about "old" weapons, but what I do know is that there will be an MP5K!

Quote:

You're going to have to elaborate more here...

I believe that the weapons in Alliance will handle very authentically.

*follow the fucking link,i posted a short form, i said it was a short form, i said the full version of those suggestions was on the link, what do you not understand!*

Quote:

You mean like where the front sight and the rear sight don't always line up? Yeah, this was probably the only aspectof hard core realistic gaming that actually appealed to me.

We should still have the good old iron sight system on loer realsim settings.
*no not really where the front and rear sight dont line up, more like where you can fire your weapon and it jerks up instead of your whole screen going up*

Quote:

Like where the guns don't clip through each other when you drop them?
*no, like when you swing your weapon into where a wall is, in most games its cool, even though your 5 inches from the wall*

Quote:

Wow! Warning : extreme realism detected! Proceed with caution!

I can defenitely see this making it's way into the highest realism setting.

Honestly, the highest realism setting is shaping up to be something along the lines of armed assault AKA INCREDIBLY SLOW PACED.

*hahha, heres where your non realism wubberage really shows, on your sig it says you play what, css and a whackload of other non realism games, YOUVE NEVER GIVEN REALISM A CHANCE? i dare you to get RO, and try playing it for 3 - 4 weeks straight, at first youl get pwnd, why ? because youl run around everywhere expecting to have the time to react and fire back at your enemies. while a style of gameplay that is much more fun is moving from cover to cover and when your caught out in the open , you either have to be extremely fast with a bullet, or your dead. its a higher stakes form of play which definatly pwns nonrealism games. ive played both styles of games, and realism games are MUCH more fun, also i stated that everything BELOW the line was a wish, so dont go all crazy on me*

Quote:

CSS had this problem for over 2 years.

*an ba would nicely fix that*

Quote:

That doesn't have much to do with realism, FYI.
* yah, sure, getting shot by half an inch of a helmet .. and fixing that dosent have much at all to do with improving realism ..*doochebag*

Quote:
5: very unforgiving bullets; when i first posted on the RO forums i asked " so whats the damage like in this game, do i have to shoot somone 10 times, or 1 time to kill him?", when a dev responded within 5 minutes (yea theyr like that over there, and its a big + for all pr and your peoples, if the devs talk to the community) and he told me it was pretty much 1 hit kill for rifle, and 2 - 3 bullets (ok mabie 4) for a smg. -(that was me). so all i ask is that at the realism sliders MEDUIM - MAXIMUM that bullets will be very unforgiving.

*gasp*
You speak of the Rainbow Six "one shot and you're dead" damage model?

Gahhhh!!! *runs away*

*did i say always 1 hit kills? no i dident, i said unforgiving guns that take less then 5 bullets to kill, and where 1 well placed bullet can kill, not where a shot to the foot kills you*

Quote:

Oh. My. Freakin. God.
*once again , theyr wishes so dont go so flipping crazy, and im sure if sox had said they were going to implement manual stances you would have said "oh wow what a great idea, no other game has that or anaything else even CLOSE to it"

This is going to play like a slug on PCP. It's going to make Armed Assault look like Halo 2.

What about those of us who want to use iron sights see how many bullets we have left but don't want to have to deal with all these pesky things

*well, my little csskiddie , theres such a thing as .. go buy the game you wnat?!!! dont go to other games and try to change them to what you like, go get a game that you do like instead of dicking around with other peoples games...., and theres a realism slider for the 1000billionth time.

judging by all the games you play though, youve never really tried a GOOD realism game, and dont even say you tried americas army, that game is like the cs for realism noob kid game, so you can get honour then go on tk sprees and toss mininuclear clearthewholeblastedplayground handgrenades....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:25 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

i've never reallyed played a realisim game myself but you know thats what makes me what to play this game that much more something new to try

i agree with your suggestions on this topic all but manual stances sound complecated to me

Sox's assistant and the number one grunt of the NZG
don't mess with a nation that needs medication

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:58 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

the general idea , is if your in crouch, you press a togle button, once youve hit this button, the buttons that get you out of this stance would be either the run button or the toggle button again, when in this stance the mouse wheel controls how high you stand, ie:scroll down, you go down to a crouch, scroll up and you slowely stand up. its rather simple, and complex at the same time.. :lol: , it also gives a slight advantage to those people with the expensive games with multiple mouse wheelz..