Alliance: The Silent War
https://www.alliancethegame.com/community/

Weaopns with prolonged effects
https://www.alliancethegame.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=590
Page 2 of 2

Author:  #//neostyles.CD [ Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

So what if it is banned? It has a lot of emergent gameplay potential. I believe that the weapons must also vary significantly in their effects. In other words, I'de like to see some guns that are not bullet based.

Quote:
also zyklon b took i beleive,8 to 10 minutes to kill somone, which would make for an extremely horrible death in a gas chamber, however ingame the person in question is more like to charge out of the room and execute you with his sidearm.

Hahah, I just imagined that happening.. :)

Quote:
and yes, morality has its place ingame, if you knew alot of real wars, dead civilians, women and childrens bodies, often litter the streets due to bombings and fighting. ever seen a ww2 fps with dead and mangeled corpses of children? no, and you wont.

Many people would consider shooting other peopel (regardless of their national affiliation) to be immoral.

Oh, yeah, check out Shellshock 'Nam '67 for some pretty damn distastful depictions of war.




Oh yeah, I'm not not some fucking treehugger.

Author:  Colt .45 Killer [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

eh whats that, my reversed monitor view shows a few potted trees behind your computer chair .. and your periodically get up every FIVE MINUTES AND HUG THEM, your a f*king liar!

now, seeing as your fightint in militarys, they wouldent use poisionous gases, could you imagine what would happen if the US was caught RED HANDED using poisonous gases on people, or even if it was susspected? the thing is, NOONE would dare use it, its just frowned uppon.

oh and i suppose this Nam 67 game includes finding bodies of raped women, beaten children, bodyparts, gruesome killings, the constant flashbacks and memories of seeing people who died horrible deaths. theres ALOT that will remain only on the real battlefield and will never be included in games.

treehugger!

Author:  Sasquatch [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

Colt .45 Killer wrote:
oh and i suppose this Nam 67 game includes finding bodies of raped women, beaten children, bodyparts, gruesome killings, the constant flashbacks and memories of seeing people who died horrible deaths. theres ALOT that will remain only on the real battlefield and will never be included in games.


Off Topic:
You're right, there are just too many horrible things in war that don't belong in a video game. No one that is sane enjoys being in a real war and during the course of one, countless atrocities are committed. It's not just Nam either, just a lot of people seem to gravitate there on this subject. That or Iraq these days. I am glad games only focus on the action part of it because there are so many other situations that just do not belong in a video game, even if used for drama or tension.

On Topic(?):
I guess non of you know how particles in games work either? At the risk of sound like a dumb ass again... I'd still really would like to know if there is a way to trick the engine into using less resources while rendering an absolute mass of particles. I realize different engines are of course different, but I could of sworn it was some sort of tech trick like the aforementioned bump mapping.

I also too realize I basically have little to no idea how it even works in the first place.

Author:  #//neostyles.CD [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
Off Topic:
You're right, there are just too many horrible things in war that don't belong in a video game. No one that is sane enjoys being in a real war and during the course of one, countless atrocities are committed. It's not just Nam either, just a lot of people seem to gravitate there on this subject. That or Iraq these days. I am glad games only focus on the action part of it because there are so many other situations that just do not belong in a video game, even if used for drama or tension.

My point has just been confirmed. Video games take reality and manipulate it in order to make it more appealing.

I wiishh I waaassss in Teeeexxaaaasss!! /song

Author:  Spiffinz [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:22 am ]
Post subject: 

.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
Quote:
Off Topic:
You're right, there are just too many horrible things in war that don't belong in a video game. No one that is sane enjoys being in a real war and during the course of one, countless atrocities are committed. It's not just Nam either, just a lot of people seem to gravitate there on this subject. That or Iraq these days. I am glad games only focus on the action part of it because there are so many other situations that just do not belong in a video game, even if used for drama or tension.

My point has just been confirmed. Video games take reality and manipulate it in order to make it more appealing.

I wiishh I waaassss in Teeeexxaaaasss!! /song




I hope you are not dissing Texas, or saying that the above listed things make a game appealing..

Author:  #//neostyles.CD [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:37 am ]
Post subject: 

Spiffinz wrote:
.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
Quote:
Off Topic:
You're right, there are just too many horrible things in war that don't belong in a video game. No one that is sane enjoys being in a real war and during the course of one, countless atrocities are committed. It's not just Nam either, just a lot of people seem to gravitate there on this subject. That or Iraq these days. I am glad games only focus on the action part of it because there are so many other situations that just do not belong in a video game, even if used for drama or tension.

My point has just been confirmed. Video games take reality and manipulate it in order to make it more appealing.

I wiishh I waaassss in Teeeexxaaaasss!! /song




I hope you are not dissing Texas, or saying that the above listed things make a game appealing..

Nah, it's a song.

I grew up in Texas. But then I moved. Too hot. Too many guns (what's that little jimmy, the baker got a M249?). Murder rate was a bit disconcerting to say the least. Too much Bush.

Calironia has it's share of problems too though
-Too cold
-People here are too decent : as soon you mention that you play violent video games, they avoid you.
-Too much tourism
-Too cold
-Too cold
-Crime rate (not murders)

Author:  Spiffinz [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:41 am ]
Post subject: 

Mmmk. Sorry for jumping to conclusions there :roll:


thought you were making a connection between texas and all the violent stuff in the quote :S

Author:  DerMann [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:02 am ]
Post subject: 

Congrats guys, you've managed to get another thread locked.

Spend one day in Indiana looking at the campus I'm probably going to be spending the next four years of my life at, and this is how I get repaid. Nice.

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/