Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:58 am

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:30 pm 
Private

In CoD, i can rearm my bolt action rifle while running and jumping, and i'm not annoyed by its weight, length and ergonomy... so i take out mp40 or thompsons, but in real life i think it wouldn't be so easy.

unless the Czech guys are very good shooters that make one shot one kill and keep the seals far, it would be very hard for them to take the seal team (high trained guys!) out, but an interesting challenge! I like this, i can't wait for multiplayer games! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:18 pm 
Staff Sergeant

well, if u consider that the majority of sniper rifles are bolt action, and that a platoon is a lot more than a squad, i think it could go either way. but straight up number and technology comparisons are not enough to compare them. its largely down to tactics and situation. now, i would assume that the czechs would be on the defensive here, since SEALs are largely used offensively. also, SEALs have a lot more specialization in their field, and are effective in reading enemies, evaluating terrain, etc. now, if the czechs manage to organize into an effective ambush, ideally with cover and on a hill, i could see them having a good chance of victory. however, unless they had a green beret squad or something like that attached to them, its doubtful. also, the czechs could use me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:53 am 
Private

Quote:
but straight up number and technology comparisons are not enough to compare them. its largely down to tactics and situation.

I agree with you, can't wait to play that battle! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:33 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Talk about one hell of a necropost.

Last edited by Sturmwehr on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:14 pm 
Staff Sergeant

baff wrote:
Do U.S. Police favour .40? I wasn't aware they had standard firearms. I willing to believe you if you say so. I've heard U.S. police wax lyrical about the 1911 and also Beretta's. I see no reason why they shouldn't like .40s too.

.40S&W is, by far, the most popular handgun caliber in the United States law enforcement circle - and for good reason. Even the UNCG and DHS are using .40S&Ws. P229 double action Kellerman models.