Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:19 am

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:59 pm 
Private First Class

Another thing; please do not use military licence names, like the US military calls the Armalite AR-15 an M16 (and the CAR-15 a M4), and the Benelli M4 an M1014. Mexico calls the HK G36E an FX-05. Please use authentic names.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:46 pm 
Major General

Jehde wrote:
Another thing; please do not use military licence names, like the US military calls the Armalite AR-15 an M16 (and the CAR-15 a M4), and the Benelli M4 an M1014. Mexico calls the HK G36E an FX-05. Please use authentic names.

A CAR 15 and M4 are completely different guns. One's civilian and one's military. Usually CAR 15's don't get that extra feature of firing full auto. Same goes for AR 15's and M16's. You also can't mount grenade launchers on some (if not most) CAR 15's and AR 15's. I dunno, I might be wrong.

The Maxim gun, and they have not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:43 am 
Private First Class

You are somewhat. They are technically different. The M16 is basicly the US military version, made them cheaper and more combat friendly. They aren't completely different though, they are basicly the same. Just some fancy stuff taken out or some little things added on. But, if you add seperate M16 and AR-15, that would be perfect, but it is kind of pointless... Gah I'm confusing myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:56 am 
Captain

There would be no point in adding an ar-15 and m16.....Why add the exact same gun but only shoot semi?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:28 pm 
Private First Class

I forgot to say, has nothing to do with core specs. They are both the same, they both have different versions. You can't say they are different from the firemode. K?

Let's leave it at this; the M16 is a cheaper version of the AR-15 that only the US Military uses. Where as the AR-15 is used world-wide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:01 pm 
Sergeant First Class

Jehde wrote:
I forgot to say, has nothing to do with core specs. They are both the same, they both have different versions. You can't say they are different from the firemode. K?

Let's leave it at this; the M16 is a cheaper version of the AR-15 that only the US Military uses. Where as the AR-15 is used world-wide.

ar-15 and m16 are both very broad categories, not a specific model, you cant simply state the m16 is a cheaper version.

for example i can buy a multi piece ar-15 reciever and assemble it with screws, they sell such kits, it is much cheaper then any m16, and yet it is still an ar-15.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:36 pm 
Major General

Jehde wrote:

No.

The Maxim gun, and they have not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:37 pm 
Captain

Uhh the m16 is far from cheaper than the ar-15 the only reason the U.S. Military gets them cheaper is because they buy them in bulk and have contracts with the companies. I can buy an ar-15 for 600 but I would have to spend 25k or more for a m16....as a civlian.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:57 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Bigdaddy wrote:
Uhh the m16 is far from cheaper than the ar-15 the only reason the U.S. Military gets them cheaper is because they buy them in bulk and have contracts with the companies. I can buy an ar-15 for 600 but I would have to spend 25k or more for a m16....as a civlian.

WHere exactly can I buy this 600$ AR again?

25,000 for a select-fire M16A2/A3/A4 yeah sure, but a semi-automatic AR-15 w/ a 20in. barrel ( which is an M16, just not select-fire and no military designation) would run you new about 800-1200 maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:03 pm 
Captain

You can buy gun alot cheaper from ffl dealers that you know rather than a gun shop.

$779
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/program ... Prodid=103
$779
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/program ... Prodid=102
$649
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/program ... ?Prodid=23

Or you can build one from a kit like chaunsey said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:54 pm 
Sergeant First Class

Bigdaddy wrote:

yep, the m16 costs the military around $500 per unit, however, that depends on configuration, there are some rifles, such as titanium barrel m4's that cost into the thousands.

a standard m16 would cost the same as an equally configured ar-15 if it was legal, the only difference is a couple of minor internal parts, and a modification to make those parts uninstallable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:56 pm 
Sergeant First Class

Silent wrote:
Bigdaddy wrote:

WHere exactly can I buy this 600$ AR again?

25,000 for a select-fire M16A2/A3/A4 yeah sure, but a semi-automatic AR-15 w/ a 20in. barrel ( which is an M16, just not select-fire and no military designation) would run you new about 800-1200 maybe?

depends, you can find new ones from the big brands around $800-$900 in the standard configurations.

there are some cheap brands out there though, and you can build your own for a decent bit cheaper.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:10 pm 
Sergeant First Class

The army(US) also uses AR-15s when they need a few extra weapons and they don't have an order of m16s for a while.

Military Police.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:43 pm 
Sergeant First Class

Bidiot wrote:
The army(US) also uses AR-15s when they need a few extra weapons and they don't have an order of m16s for a while.

occaisonally yes, to fill special needs its often more simple to get a few locally then get another order in.

our usual contract is with FN for our m16 and with colt for our M4's but they do lots of smaller buys from local suppliers for parts, upgrades and sometimes special rifles from what ive seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:19 am 
Major General

DerMann wrote:
Jehde wrote:

A CAR 15 and M4 are completely different guns. One's civilian and one's military. Usually CAR 15's don't get that extra feature of firing full auto. Same goes for AR 15's and M16's. You also can't mount grenade launchers on some (if not most) CAR 15's and AR 15's. I dunno, I might be wrong.
I believe the CAR-15 started as military.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:39 pm 
Sergeant First Class

DerMann wrote:
A CAR 15 and M4 are completely different guns. One's civilian and one's military.

CAR-15 means a lot of things. Colt made a number of AR-15 style rifles under that moniker(which stands for Colt Automatic Rifle), including full length rifles. But that naming system was dropped after a time. The Model 607 CAR-15 rifle is what most people think when they say "CAR-15." To make matters more confusing, Colt markets their civvie rifles as "CAR-15s."

In other words, it's both. Clear as mud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:20 pm 
Sergeant First Class

Feanaro wrote:
DerMann wrote:
A CAR 15 and M4 are completely different guns. One's civilian and one's military.

CAR-15 means a lot of things. Colt made a number of AR-15 style rifles under that moniker(which stands for Colt Automatic Rifle), including full length rifles. But that naming system was dropped after a time. The Model 607 CAR-15 rifle is what most people think when they say "CAR-15." To make matters more confusing, Colt markets their civvie rifles as "CAR-15s."

In other words, it's both. Clear as mud.

yep, NO name is definative.

m16, ar-15, car-15, these are all generic terms for a type of rifle, there are millions of combinations of specs that could fall under those names.

just like everyone calls it an ak-47 despite less then 1% of AK's actually being of the AK-47 model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:01 pm 
Staff Sergeant

DerMann wrote:

Usually CAR 15's don't get that extra feature of firing full auto. I dunno, I might be wrong.

You can easily make an AR auto; just get a DIAS, LL, or RR from your local class 3 dealer and have lots of cash! ($14k)

or

Just get a $.25 piece of metal and mill it out! then spend time in club fed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:33 pm 
Captain

Acutally I dont think you can make them full auto anymore even with certian liscenses and what not. You can buy them full auto yes but I am not to sure about making them legally...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:33 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Bigdaddy wrote:
Acutally I dont think you can make them full auto anymore even with certian liscenses and what not. You can buy them full auto yes but I am not to sure about making them legally...

you can make them fire auto legally. The DIAS, RR, LL must be serial numbered and be made before May 1986. Plus you got go get background checks etc.