Headlines
Movies
Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:24 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Squads and medals
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:16 am 
Lieutenant Colonel

So, I assume that we'll be working with other AI players in the campaign or possibly ven other people. Gee, wouldn't it be cool if you could play the campiagn with someone online. But then again, sucess in SP depends on immaculate exocution of plans and highly cooperative team tactics so lag might ruin your day.

Anyhow, I want to talk about multiplayer. In BF 2142, you gain medals and awards for many types of actions. It really works well. Itreally motivates you. So, I think in Alliance, you shoukld get medals or something. These would be displayed on your prodfile as well as other stats like best weapon, total # of kils, accuracy, etc. Maybe there should even be graphical representations of your performance in terms of things like kills vs. deaths or shots fired vs. shots hit.

I'm also a strong supported of squds. Frankly, I've had enough of other so-called so-called team based shooters where peopel just go off and do their own thing. I believe that the reason why they do this is that there is no system to effectively coordinate your eforts as a team. In Alliance, you shouldn't have to join a squad but it should be encouraged somehow. There will preset squads : alpha, bravo, delta, charlie, and the elite squad called "Angelina Jolie is really hot." I'm kidding about the last part. Haha, I made a funny. Anyhow, the squad elects a leader, who has the capability to send other members orders like "go here", "suprss that person", or "take a dump.". Hey look, I made another funny :mrgreen:. The squads accomplishments also contribute towards the total team points, and both are displayed on the post game score board. Now, in additon to being able to communicate with your other team mebers via VOIP and text messages, you should also be able to send text and VOIp messages exclusively to your squad mates.

Going out on a limb, maybe the squad leader should be able to devise a multi stage plan in game? Ex : go here then go here then shoot this person who is camping?

Anyhow, orders should be indicated clearly and distinctly. Red lines or something.

Now move out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:29 am 
Major General

I'm locking this since you already made a thread discussing squads.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]