Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:05 pm

Post subject: CS:S Style Bots
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:32 am 
Private

The game looks excellent - its about time something like this came along. Having seen all the vids and graphics, I cant really fault it, other than perhaps having more realistic reload times, more realistic wound affects, etc.

But one thing I would like to ask, is if the game will include AI BOTS as in CS:S. Its always nice to practics new maps, or play co-op with friends against AI BOTS, somtimes lots at a low skill level, or a few at high skill levels.

The game wouldnt be complete, imo without this facility, and would mean me playing more CS:S and less A:SW :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:17 am 
Four Star General

Happy to hear that you like what you see. Keep in mind that the videos were made when Alliance was less than half developed, a lot has already changed and been improved and even more will between now and release.

It's unfortunately too early to confirm the extent to which the AI will be incorporated into multiplayer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:44 am 
Private

I, like thousands of others, like to play on LANs/online together with a few friends, either against eachother or co-op against bots. I would love this game to include BOTS, and I would probably switch from CS:S. But if not, we would probably play the game for a bit, but then end up sticking with CS:S - which meets all our FPS needs (obviously with it being the most popular FPS game in the world).

Please include offline/online BOTS in this game, and make it a COMPLETE game!!!! Its not a HUGE addition, but would cost you a fortune in lost sales if you didnt, and dissappoint thousands of players that may want to switch from the massive Counter Striker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:17 pm 
Sergeant First Class

Why are so many comparing this game to CS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:58 pm 
Private

cant seem to figure that out CS is totally unrealistic while Alliance is gonna be totally different and more realistic than any game out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:15 pm 
Major General

Athenian wrote:
Why are so many comparing this game to CS?

Just like saying, "Tastes like chicken." Most people have played CS at one time or another in their life's, so it stands as a comparison for many games.

The Maxim gun, and they have not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:57 am 
Sergeant First Class

That's the thing there's really nothing to compare. Only thing that I see they have in common is both are fps's and both entail guns. After that they are 180 degrees in opposite directions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:19 am 
Major General

Well when I asked my grandfather, "What does alligator taste like?" He responded, "It tastes like chicken." Now, chickens and alligators have very, very little in common. However, people still compare alligators to chicken, because nigh on everyone has had chicken at one time or another in their lives'.

Just don't worry about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:28 am 
Captain

DerMann wrote:
Well when I asked my grandfather, "What does alligator taste like?" He responded, "It tastes like chicken." Now, chickens and alligators have very, very little in common. However, people still compare alligators to chicken, because nigh on everyone has had chicken at one time or another in their lives'.

Just don't worry about it.

You have a Grandfather?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:34 pm 
Major General

Had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:07 am 
Private

I wasnt comparing it EXACTLY to CS:S, I was just saying that a hell of a lot of people play CS, as these people want a good multiplayer FPS game. If a better one comes along, a fair proportion of them will leave.

Having manged several large European FPS clans (for CS type games) I was suggesting that in order to capture the largest market possible, and to please a lot of people who enjoy online fps games then listening to a few considerations should be valuable - from a marketing point of view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:56 pm 
Recruit

ya.... a hell lot of ppl play CS... but also a hell lot of ppl dont realy like it.

like me

if i wanna play a jump & run i'd play super mario and no fps.
if you just make another fps like cs... well... any idea why ppl would switch ? no ? me neither

try to few it from this point: almost any fps out there not dead plays like cs (ppl jumping like they were on crack, hitpoints instead of wounds and their effects, unrealistic weapons and balistics, et cetera, et cetera...)

so why make another of these zombi-games ? you think the zombies from the cs-graveyard would stumble right over to the alliance-graveshift ???

you can't be serious. the only way to gain foot in this market is to aim on the need of those ppl who constantly feel humped by these kiddy-games (no offense, but the average age of cs-players is what ? 14 ? 15 ?) and their offspring

#one pissed fps player, willing to pay for a fps that not looks like cs#

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:20 am 
Private

Can we have that in English please?

CS:S is obviously not everybodys cup of tea, but you cant deny it is a popular game. I would much prefer a decent Alliance game, but all I am suggesting is that it includes CS:S style bots, so we can practice maps, play co-op with friends, etc...

It would be a shame if the game didnt come with them, imo. If it came with them, I and my friends would probably give up CSS and just play A:SW. :)

Just my 2 cents.