Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:59 pm

Post subject: Multiplayer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:07 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Really not sure where to post this. i figure that multiplayer will be a huge part of this game, as it usually is with pc games. i was wondering the format(s) of multiplayer maps. personally, i like the general group with a few new touches, and enough room for modification to make it seem like each server can have its own type of game. while this game is going for realism, i think not all game types should be objective or things like that. plain old deathmatch and team deathmatch would be cool.

for new game modes, because we have the ability to have only silenced weapons while still having a good armory, a ninja mode of sorts would be cool. maybe assassinating a player and taking something he is holding, where stealth could be helpful

we should really get more multiplayer topics up, because it would be one of the greatest shames in all of humanity's history if this game is not what it could and should be, especially in multiplayer

Post subject: Re: Multiplayer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:15 pm 
Sergeant Major

Haro wrote:
Really not sure where to post this. i figure that multiplayer will be a huge part of this game, as it usually is with pc games. i waswondering the format(s) of multiplayer maps. personally, i like the general group with a few new touches, and enough room for modification to make it seem like each server can have its own type of game. while this game is going for realism, i think not all game types should be objective or things like that. plain old deathmatch and team deathmatch would be cool.

for new game modes, because we have the ability to have only silenced weapons while still having a good armory, a ninja mode of sorts would be cool. maybe assassinating a player and taking something he is holding, where stealth could be helpful

we should really get more multiplayer topics up, because it would be one of the greatest shames in all of humanity's history if this game is not what it could and should be, especially in multiplayer

Well, i tok up a new gametype called "Bountyhunt" some time ago. There players earn money for every kill, but earn bonus money if they kill the moneyleader "bounty" in enemy team. Enemies moneyleader "Bounty" will be shown on your sides spinmap, like a flashing dot. Hes will be like a bonus objective in this new kind of TDM. All players will have their own accounts there the money is coming in. For this earned money you can then buy more ammo, grenades, sights, scopes, new weapons or even give away money inside your team. If you getting too much of the money "kills" and don't nessery want to be the "bounty" in your team. This will make a objective to your team and enemy team. To protect your "bounty" and still try to kill the enemy "bounty". Becurse i think the old TDM sucks of it's lack of objectives. Only kill after kill and nothing special happens in matches. But in this new gametype even a great sniper can sneak close to enemy "bounty" and kill him with a great headshot. That's a good happening in one match and those things don't never happen in regular TDM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:59 am 
Corporal

I think this system will work wel:
For each kill you gain reputation and money. Dieing cost you reputation. Killing enemys with more reputation gets you more money and reputation. This will also mean that if you are a good player the game will become more difficult, because people are trying harder to kill you. It wil also be important for teammates to help you or els the enemy will get money. It will bring balance to the game.

BTW have you seen my suggestions on the official sugestion topic
http://alliancethegame.com/community/vi ... c&start=56

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:53 pm 
Staff Sergeant

new idea: assasination vs guard. ive been playing with these more real world scenarios for a while, and until i make my uber fps, (gonna take a while) this is the best thing for it. Missions would include things like assasinations, ambushes etc. i especially like the assasination idea, (id like something like Sniper with tom berenger, but more open ended). snipe, scout, do what u have to to get obj. a random obj scrambler changing location and circumstances would be cool too, giving the game a little mroe realistic flavor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:41 am 
Corporal

I heard that Alliance will suport 64 players, so i thought of something like the BF2 system would be cool. You form into differend squads and every squad has a leader. When using the radios, soldiers talk to there squad, officers also have acces to the main radio wich is heard by everybody. It would also be cool if you could steal enemy radios in order to listen in. I also think that servers should havethe gameoption that you have to be in a squad of min 3 persons to spawn or that you join a squad automaticly if you fail to choose one yourself to prevent people from lone wolfing. This is a big problem in BF and it makes the game realy chaotic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:59 pm 
Major General

Frederickkay wrote:
I heard that aliance will suport 64 players, so i thought of something like the BF2 system would be cool. You form into differend squads and every squad has a leader. When using the radios, soldiers talk to there squad, officers also have acces to the main radio wich is heard by everybody. It would also be cool if you could steal enemy radios in order to listen in. I also think that servers should havethe gameoption that you have to be in a squad of min 3 persons to spawn or that you join a squad automaticly if you fail to choose one yourself to prevent people from lone wolfing. This is a big problem in BF and it makes the game realy chaotic.
Auctually I don't think they ever gave a number but said it could be from 60 or so to 128.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:10 pm 
Four Star General

That's correct. We don't have any kind of official number, because what we're really going for is "as many people as possible", which we won't know until the netcode is close to being fully tweaked and optimized.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:00 pm 
Sergeant First Class

Not just the netcode but also the size of the maps and the capabilites of existing/near future hardware. I know the guys working on Armed Assault has stated that they aren't going to cap the # players on a server but it is going to be whatever the hardware is capable of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:31 pm 
Corporal

fine, i made a mistake. I though i read it in a interview. Anyway what about the BF2 system idea. (see above)
And btw since we are talking about multyplayersystems check out my toppic on clansystems and rankings
http://alliancethegame.com/community/vi ... .php?t=423