The War
Headlines
Movies
Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:23 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:21 pm 
Offline
Recruit

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:14 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Ashland VA
Major question for the multiplayer people.

Will you have some sort of Anticheat in place for this game ie punkbuster when it ships. This is major hassle of all MP games lack of Anticheat. Cheaters ruin a well made game to the point of uninstalling and never playing again.

Also will there be support for the game after its released. This is the major flaw with Call of Duty series, lack of anticheat and no support after the games were released.

Games like Battelfield and counter strike have major support with patches to fix things that are wrong and pb or some other ac to stop cheaters. Even extra maps months after the release are nice to see. I know there will be mods and custom maps made but in house maps are always better and fewer glitches.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:41 pm 
Offline
2nd Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 2:54 pm
Posts: 592
in respons to this i'd like to bring up a good fact that punkbuster doesn't stop cheaters it only slows them down and if your gonna have a anticheat you should try to find something better

_________________
Image
Image
Image
Sox's assistant and the number one grunt of the NZG
don't mess with a nation that needs medication


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:39 pm 
Offline
Recruit

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 3
Anti-cheat and updating the cheat database is a must on release day. Cod2 suffered dearly from this mistake.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:01 pm 
Offline
Recruit

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:14 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Ashland VA
darkdragon wrote:
in respons to this i'd like to bring up a good fact that punkbuster doesn't stop cheaters it only slows them down and if your gonna have a anticheat you should try to find something better


I agree with Punkbuster not being that good, however at least its something. Im the lead Anti-Cheat Admin on Teamwarfare for the Call of Duty Series and at least with pb we have a way knowing 100% who that person is and being able to ban him. While it doesnt stop all cheats it does a damn good job on about 70-80% of them. If its updated on a regular basis it helps even more.

I understand that most developers start out making a single player game its the multiplayer people that keep it running for years. With what ive seen in this game it looks and seems execlent but if there isnt any multiplayer support then it could die a quick death. As long as devs are willing to patch a game "even after they get our money" we as a MP community remember that. With the way we have been treated with the COD series it makes most step back and think before purchasing another game made by them.

I can say that from what ive seen over the past 5 years of playing online with different leagues the MP community can make or break a game over the first 5 months. Some promise the world and dont deliver a small island others promise a country and give the world. When a new game comes out and ladders/leagues start on TWL i look at how many teams sign up in the first month and then recheck that figure in 3 months and see, did it grow or falter. Those that grew had great support those that didnt well.....

There are some exceptions to this rule ie.. no other games out at the time to play so we will play this one reguardless of how little support we have.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:13 pm 
Offline
2nd Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 2:54 pm
Posts: 592
MANISBAD wrote:
darkdragon wrote:
in respons to this i'd like to bring up a good fact that punkbuster doesn't stop cheaters it only slows them down and if your gonna have a anticheat you should try to find something better


I agree with Punkbuster not being that good, however at least its something. Im the lead Anti-Cheat Admin on Teamwarfare for the Call of Duty Series and at least with pb we have a way knowing 100% who that person is and being able to ban him. While it doesnt stop all cheats it does a damn good job on about 70-80% of them. If its updated on a regular basis it helps even more.

I understand that most developers start out making a single player game its the multiplayer people that keep it running for years. With what ive seen in this game it looks and seems execlent but if there isnt any multiplayer support then it could die a quick death. As long as devs are willing to patch a game "even after they get our money" we as a MP community remember that. With the way we have been treated with the COD series it makes most step back and think before purchasing another game made by them.

I can say that from what ive seen over the past 5 years of playing online with different leagues the MP community can make or break a game over the first 5 months. Some promise the world and dont deliver a small island others promise a country and give the world. When a new game comes out and ladders/leagues start on TWL i look at how many teams sign up in the first month and then recheck that figure in 3 months and see, did it grow or falter. Those that grew had great support those that didnt well.....


You're right on on most of that but i'd say pb does about 60-70 %.
I'd like to ask a question abit off topic. How do you get into those leagues :roll: ?

_________________
Image
Image
Image
Sox's assistant and the number one grunt of the NZG
don't mess with a nation that needs medication


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:27 pm 
Offline
Recruit

Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:14 pm
Posts: 4
Location: Ashland VA
as for getting into TWL its easy. 2 ways to do it.

1. join a team thats already there playing
2. get about 10 guys/girls that you play with all the time
and create a team then join.

If you are good find some teams that play there and join them for what ever game they are playing. TWL is currently running about 30 or 40 diff games. Which ever game you are playing you will need to have your own server to play matches on. Some team require dues (usually 5 bucks a month) to cover the cost of the servers.

Take a look to see if you are interested www.teamwarfare.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:56 am 
Offline
Four Star General
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 5:05 pm
Posts: 1071
Location: New York, NY
One of the driving forces in our development is our desire to play Alliance ourselves. As such, we plan on being able to continue playing it long after release, so we have no intention of leaving our users or ourselves hung out to dry. I can't get into anti-cheat specifics, though we'll be very active in making sure cheaters don't ruin the game for everyone else.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:12 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:07 am
Posts: 376
Location: Sweden
PunkBuster is crap, like as cheats going around it... Sucks even more... So i say no to PunkBuster and Multiplay with kids... Better play Single and own the world in a year on multiplay, before all cheats coming out and pass PunkBuster...

I don't trust on PunkBuster...

LOL Hackers make programs against hackers... Who you think will win in the end... It's like 10.000 hackers out there, with their own 10.000 hack programs... Against a like 100 deployeed at PunkBuster, with their 1 PunkBuster program... So screw it... I can't belive that somebody can buy that shit...

Just never say that somebody is good, before you axually meat him face against face, in game... Team against team... So, never tell a team-mate of your own team playing good.... Just if you tried to kill him in one or lots of fair duels, then it's ok to say that his good player... Just a tip... Can't see any honor of one cheat kill all my opponents...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:02 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:44 am
Posts: 853
Sox34 wrote:
One of the driving forces in our development is our desire to play Alliance ourselves. As such, we plan on being able to continue playing it long after release, so we have no intention of leaving our users or ourselves hung out to dry. I can't get into anti-cheat specifics, though we'll be very active in making sure cheaters don't ruin the game for everyone else.
I hope to play with and against you when it comes out Sox!!!

_________________
Johnny Rico wrote:
This is for all you new people, I only have one rule; everyone fights, no one quits, you don't do your job, I'll kill you myself.......do you get me?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:02 pm 
Offline
2nd Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 2:54 pm
Posts: 592
AeroCmdr wrote:
Sox34 wrote:
One of the driving forces in our development is our desire to play Alliance ourselves. As such, we plan on being able to continue playing it long after release, so we have no intention of leaving our users or ourselves hung out to dry. I can't get into anti-cheat specifics, though we'll be very active in making sure cheaters don't ruin the game for everyone else.
I hope to play with and against you when it comes out Sox!!!


i'm with you on that one aero i hope to kill you befor you kill me :twisted: :lol:

_________________
Image
Image
Image
Sox's assistant and the number one grunt of the NZG
don't mess with a nation that needs medication


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:57 am 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:44 am
Posts: 853
darkdragon wrote:
AeroCmdr wrote:
Sox34 wrote:
One of the driving forces in our development is our desire to play Alliance ourselves. As such, we plan on being able to continue playing it long after release, so we have no intention of leaving our users or ourselves hung out to dry. I can't get into anti-cheat specifics, though we'll be very active in making sure cheaters don't ruin the game for everyone else.
I hope to play with and against you when it comes out Sox!!!


i'm with you on that one aero i hope to kill you befor you kill me :twisted: :lol:
:D

_________________
Johnny Rico wrote:
This is for all you new people, I only have one rule; everyone fights, no one quits, you don't do your job, I'll kill you myself.......do you get me?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:40 am 
Offline
Corporal

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 7:44 am
Posts: 64
Location: Tennessee
AeroCmdr wrote:
Sox34 wrote:
One of the driving forces in our development is our desire to play Alliance ourselves. As such, we plan on being able to continue playing it long after release, so we have no intention of leaving our users or ourselves hung out to dry. I can't get into anti-cheat specifics, though we'll be very active in making sure cheaters don't ruin the game for everyone else.
I hope to play with and against you when it comes out Sox!!!


Such a suckup aero. :D

_________________
Nothing capable of being memorized is history. - RG Collingwood


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:04 am 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:44 am
Posts: 853
Muhler wrote:
AeroCmdr wrote:
Sox34 wrote:
One of the driving forces in our development is our desire to play Alliance ourselves. As such, we plan on being able to continue playing it long after release, so we have no intention of leaving our users or ourselves hung out to dry. I can't get into anti-cheat specifics, though we'll be very active in making sure cheaters don't ruin the game for everyone else.
I hope to play with and against you when it comes out Sox!!!


Such a suckup aero. :D
lol

_________________
Johnny Rico wrote:
This is for all you new people, I only have one rule; everyone fights, no one quits, you don't do your job, I'll kill you myself.......do you get me?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:13 pm 
Offline
Sergeant Major

Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:07 am
Posts: 376
Location: Sweden
You guys are so evil. I will only hug everyone of you and just jump around like a damn fairy.

:lol: <--- My pokerface


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:15 am 
Offline
Corporal

Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:50 am
Posts: 78
darkdragon wrote:
in respons to this i'd like to bring up a good fact that punkbuster doesn't stop cheaters it only slows them down and if your gonna have a anticheat you should try to find something better


Punkbuster doesn't stop cheating, nothing does.
What it does do is provide the server host with a very comprehensive toolkit for dealing with cheats.

It has the added advantage of long term support. If the developer moves on to a new project and can no longer afford to spend time patching the game, Punkbuster will go on updating itself. Punkbuster automatically can update itself without having to patch the entire game to a different and incompatable version each time.
Punkbuster has the added advantage of being tried and tested technology, they know where to scan, how to look for Direct X hacks and others that work outside of the gamefiles. You don't have to re-invent the wheel.


Simpler home cooked anti-cheat methods might include; encrypted gamefiles/specified mod folders and a server controlled file scan/matching when new clients.
Useful server tools are kick, ban, temporary ban, IP ban, and gamekey Ban.
Auto kick for TKs and high pings (server assignable). Recordable Replays for Clan matches.

For a game to really kick off online it is imperative to have a working anti-cheat system, either on launch or prefereably for any open beta/demo. So that it may be battleworthy on release day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:30 am 
Offline
2nd Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 2:54 pm
Posts: 592
yes but the fact remands that punkbuster gives a fauls sense of security to those who don't know that and alot of them are ppl running servers that remain unpretected because there is noone watching for the cheaters

_________________
Image
Image
Image
Sox's assistant and the number one grunt of the NZG
don't mess with a nation that needs medication


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:25 pm 
Offline
Corporal

Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:50 am
Posts: 78
A false sense of security is good. As long as everyone thinks it's ok, then it's ok.

People constantly crying cheater every time they die is real game killer. I don't want them in my server anymore than I want people cheating.
Even when not being actively used by the admins a punkbuster enabled server can reassure the players enough for them not to be worrying about cheats.
It also stops the bulk of the old known cheat programs.
If you are still worried about cheats you can always contact the admin and ask him to do some scans. Anti-cheat is not a substitute for active server administration, it a tool to better facilitate it.
There will still always be well managed and poorly managed servers.

There is no anticheat that stops cheating, none has ever been made, none will ever be made.
I think if you are looking for a magic wand 100% stops cheating dead solution, you will be constantly disappointed throughout life.
It's important to have a realistically achievable aim.

Punkbuster provides a good set of server tools to stop cheating, if the server host can't be bothered to use them, that's his affair.

What's important is that if he wants to use them, they are available to him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:30 pm 
Offline
2nd Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 2:54 pm
Posts: 592
baff wrote:
A false sense of security is good. As long as everyone thinks it's ok, then it's ok.

People constantly crying cheater every time they die is real game killer. I don't want them in my server anymore than I want people cheating.
Even when not being actively used by the admins a punkbuster enabled server can reassure the players enough for them not to be worrying about cheats.
It also stops the bulk of the old known cheat programs.
If you are still worried about cheats you can always contact the admin and ask him to do some scans. Anti-cheat is not a substitute for active server administration, it a tool to better facilitate it.
There will still always be well managed and poorly managed servers.

There is no anticheat that stops cheating, none has ever been made, none will ever be made.
I think if you are looking for a magic wand 100% stops cheating dead solution, you will be constantly disappointed throughout life.
It's important to have a realistically achievable aim.

Punkbuster provides a good set of server tools to stop cheating, if the server host can't be bothered to use them, that's his affair.

What's important is that if he wants to use them, they are available to him.
Your right those ppl are more annoying then the cheaters themselfs sometimes. :lol:

_________________
Image
Image
Image
Sox's assistant and the number one grunt of the NZG
don't mess with a nation that needs medication


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:55 am 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:59 pm
Posts: 1027
Location: Houston, TX
If I recall correctly, there was going to be a new revolutionary anti-cheat system for cod2, I cant remember the name though :(, but it wasnt added to the game becuase the game community kept bitching about them not wanting it, even though it was very superior to PB. It had lots of ways to tell wheter or not someone was cheating.

I heard an interview on podcast with the guy who was in charge of the anti cheat system, and I thought that it would be a good anti cheat system for Alliance.



K, theres my 2 cents.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:46 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 6:44 am
Posts: 853
I don't like third party black lists they have out there for games like AA that any server admin can put you on. I wouldn't use those.

_________________
Johnny Rico wrote:
This is for all you new people, I only have one rule; everyone fights, no one quits, you don't do your job, I'll kill you myself.......do you get me?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group