The War
Headlines
Movies
Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:38 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:50 pm 
Offline
Sergeant First Class

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:29 am
Posts: 270
#//neostyles.CD wrote:
A bomb defuse mode would be nice, except with something like multiple bomb sites.. possibly one after the other.


It would unbalance the sides. The defenders already have unlimited respawns, now you will give them a chance to "defuse" as well? In reality the game mode was difficult for the attackers as it is, also it would take away from the strategy of the game mode. Being able to time/coordinate your detonation(s) was a huge part of the strategy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:13 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 1826
Location: Hayward, Cali
Can this guy be a playable character in mp?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE1AKixL ... re=related

_________________
Go pioneers!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:40 am 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:59 pm
Posts: 1027
Location: Houston, TX
Id like to see a King of the Hill type mode where the so called Hill could be a building in a city square, room in a mall, a literal hill, anything fortified and bristling with machine guns. points would be given to the team that occupies it while its theirs.

#//neostyles.CD wrote:
Can this guy be a playable character in mp?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE1AKixL ... re=related


That would be hilarious! a great player model in the least

_________________
Image
"Dream a little bit
This is the kush to your lighter"

The NZG Specialist, Stick Wielder, Shotgun Extraordinaire


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:00 am 
Offline
Four Star General
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 5:05 pm
Posts: 1071
Location: New York, NY
At the very least, we must replace Katyusha as our theme song with that glorious tune.

I like this old video of his (especially since I've skipped most of his hot air): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yly7-8vcxo&t=1m30s

I'm also a fan of speed reloads. You won't be able to do any of these in Alliance, but they're still fun to watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DpCellB ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls4Uq1aC ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSMOoqaG ... ature=fvwp

_________________
Alliance Developer, Sox34's not-so-secret identity, & NZG Central Command
"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur." — Unknown Philosopher


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:05 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 1826
Location: Hayward, Cali
Athenian wrote:
#//neostyles.CD wrote:
A bomb defuse mode would be nice, except with something like multiple bomb sites.. possibly one after the other.


It would unbalance the sides. The defenders already have unlimited respawns, now you will give them a chance to "defuse" as well? In reality the game mode was difficult for the attackers as it is, also it would take away from the strategy of the game mode. Being able to time/coordinate your detonation(s) was a huge part of the strategy.

I was mostly thinking of action movies where the bad guys try to destroy one building and good guys have to prevent them from doing it. I don't know. I was shooting for something with a thriller feel.

_________________
Go pioneers!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:16 am 
Offline
Specialist

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:32 pm
Posts: 31
Escort missions? Like escorting an AI armored vehicle from point A to point B?
VIP protection? One player on the team deemed the VIP that the rest of the team must ensure survives or the team loses.
"Crashed tech recovery" Both teams rush to capture a downed (whatever) and acquire the data/tech/etc and get it back to their base.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:03 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:59 pm
Posts: 1027
Location: Houston, TX
ninails99 wrote:
Escort missions? Like escorting an AI armored vehicle from point A to point B?
VIP protection? One player on the team deemed the VIP that the rest of the team must ensure survives or the team loses.
"Crashed tech recovery" Both teams rush to capture a downed (whatever) and acquire the data/tech/etc and get it back to their base.


I like the first two alot. VIP missions are always intense. Perhaps all three could be combined into one mission? Like bringing the tech expert via convoy to the base to disable the whatever.
What are your thoughts?

_________________
Image
"Dream a little bit
This is the kush to your lighter"

The NZG Specialist, Stick Wielder, Shotgun Extraordinaire


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:00 pm 
Offline
Four Star General
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 5:05 pm
Posts: 1071
Location: New York, NY
Multiple objectives are being explored. Much of the specific structure will be heavily influenced by play-testing, but we'd plan on skewing towards varying and organic objectives whenever possible.

_________________
Alliance Developer, Sox34's not-so-secret identity, & NZG Central Command
"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur." — Unknown Philosopher


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:46 pm 
Offline
Sergeant First Class

Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:29 am
Posts: 270
Multiple (simultaneous) objectives are good. Keeps the mindless linear run>shoot>die>respawn>rinse/repeat to a minimum.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:18 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 1312
Location: Texas
#//neostyles.CD wrote:
A bomb defuse mode would be nice, except with something like multiple bomb sites.. possibly one after the other.

this is not counter-strike, lol.

gameplay modes like that are severely one-sided in my opinion - one team can easily win a round by simply accomplishing the one objective, while the other team has no means of doing the same.

Search and destroy is a much more balanced mode. Both teams can plant bombs and both can defuse.

_________________
Image
Head of Zombie Suit Manufacturing, Supplying Guns to the Mentally Stable, Lead Researcher for Weapons, Grand Requisitioner, and Master Keeper of the NZG Armoury.
Whatever happens, we have got
The Maxim gun, and they have not.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:53 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 1826
Location: Hayward, Cali
Well, they can always just eliminate the other team. The team that has to plane the bomb has to not only do that but also stay alive.

_________________
Go pioneers!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:23 pm 
Offline
Specialist
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:02 am
Posts: 42
Location: Montreal, Canada
Here are my ideas:

-A "Covert" mode where two human teams square off against each other but have to watch out for a third team which is controlled by bots. The ideal configuration would be 8-10 players on each side with light weapons while the AI-controlled team is patrolling the area with heavy duty weaponry.\

-A mode similar to Fragile Alliance (the multiplayer component of Kane & Lynch) where everyone is initially on the same team and is trying to recover a type of object (be it flag,nazi gold or secret documents) but people can later on turn on their allies in order to score more points.

_________________
When the going gets weird, the weird turns pro. -Hunter S. Thompson
Встань, Страх Преодолей


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:45 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:59 pm
Posts: 1027
Location: Houston, TX
Rumbler07 wrote:
Here are my ideas:

-A "Covert" mode where two human teams square off against each other but have to watch out for a third team which is controlled by bots. The ideal configuration would be 8-10 players on each side with light weapons while the AI-controlled team is patrolling the area with heavy duty weaponry.\

-A mode similar to Fragile Alliance (the multiplayer component of Kane & Lynch) where everyone is initially on the same team and is trying to recover a type of object (be it flag,nazi gold or secret documents) but people can later on turn on their allies in order to score more points.


GREAT ideas!

I can just picture two merc or 'agency' teams in a city who run into each other and get into a firefight. Meanwhile the police and national guard of the country are scrambling to kill the bad guys (the players 8-) )

kane and lynch 2 is one of the most underated games of recent years imo. Given Alliances shady-shadow secret society plot theres probably numerous ways to feature a game mode like that.

_________________
Image
"Dream a little bit
This is the kush to your lighter"

The NZG Specialist, Stick Wielder, Shotgun Extraordinaire


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:20 pm 
Offline
Four Star General
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 5:05 pm
Posts: 1071
Location: New York, NY
Nice ideas.

One of those is actually quite similar to a mode we'd planned on experimenting with. :)

_________________
Alliance Developer, Sox34's not-so-secret identity, & NZG Central Command
"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur." — Unknown Philosopher


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:31 am 
Offline
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 999
Location: Houston, Texas
So like all games now a days is there going to be an achievement function for alliance? And if so will there be any rewards like maybe a special title you can only get doing blah blah and it shows under your username? I know this sounds bad but I play WOW and one amazing thing they did was the achievements board..get special items titles etc. Granted most of these are extremely hard to get lol. But I thought it would be neat to see something similar lol.

_________________
-Leader of the DAP
-Head of Transportation
-Guinea Pig for the Entire NZG
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:06 am 
Offline
Four Star General
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 5:05 pm
Posts: 1071
Location: New York, NY
Bigdaddy wrote:
So like all games now a days is there going to be an achievement function for alliance? And if so will there be any rewards like maybe a special title you can only get doing blah blah and it shows under your username? I know this sounds bad but I play WOW and one amazing thing they did was the achievements board..get special items titles etc. Granted most of these are extremely hard to get lol. But I thought it would be neat to see something similar lol.

I'm a huge fan of them too, especially when you finally get a difficult or esoteric one. Achievements, ranks, badges, etc are all planned. Moreover, that will be something that we will probably continuously add to post release.

_________________
Alliance Developer, Sox34's not-so-secret identity, & NZG Central Command
"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur." — Unknown Philosopher


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:14 am 
Offline
Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 1826
Location: Hayward, Cali
By badges, do you mean something like an award at the end of the round for whoever got the longest kill or something like that? That sounds really cool.

_________________
Go pioneers!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:10 pm 
Offline
Four Star General
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 5:05 pm
Posts: 1071
Location: New York, NY
That's exactly right. :)

_________________
Alliance Developer, Sox34's not-so-secret identity, & NZG Central Command
"Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur." — Unknown Philosopher


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:12 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 1826
Location: Hayward, Cali
How about no scoping... For me this has been the bane of literally every fps from the original cs to call of duty. Some sort of system for discouraging it would be a big plus. Im pretty sure if you fired a real sniper rifle like you see all the time in today's shooters, the gun would fly out of your hands. ;)

_________________
Go pioneers!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:39 pm 
Offline
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 999
Location: Houston, Texas
#//neostyles.CD wrote:
How about no scoping... For me this has been the bane of literally every fps from the original cs to call of duty. Some sort of system for discouraging it would be a big plus. Im pretty sure if you fired a real sniper rifle like you see all the time in today's shooters, the gun would fly out of your hands. ;)


No.


What you don't think a trained soldier can fire his weapon without it being shouldered? You think it would just fly out of your hands? rofl

No scoping in FPS games for snipers is something that needs to be KEPT. It's something for the sniper to be able to use his rifle up close without having to draw his pistol everytime he goes into the building.

_________________
-Leader of the DAP
-Head of Transportation
-Guinea Pig for the Entire NZG
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group