Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:43 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:45 pm 
Sergeant Major

DerMann wrote:
|_}UM{--}G{_|FeAR wrote:
I might have not ffired any guns before, but hoo boy, have I seen a lot of videos. I've never seen muzzle climb or the guns bouncing around like anrgy bees in a jar..

Recoil should primalirly serve to convey the power of your gun not interfere with the gameplay.

Ok, you want to see videos?

Mauser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHc-w42yJ9o

Notice it goes both back and up when I fire.

Webley:

Once again, notice it goes up and back (ignore the last shot, I was just enjoying the recoil).

Recoil should be a part of the game. You should have to wrestle your Fallschirmjaegergewehr to keep it on target (and to keep it in your hands ;) ).

Just because everyone likes CS doesn't mean it's right. Everyone originally liked Adolf Hitler. He was Time Magazine's "Man of the Year" in 1938.

Goddamnit. Your friend is sitting down. With both legs front of him. No leg on his backside and no laying against the rifle. = No balance

If he could learn the correct shooting stance, first. And know that you can only sit down and shot with handguns and softair rifles. If he learn the correct stance of shooting. The recoil sets of to minimal and even if he been shooting with this rifle alot. He will learn how to pull back the rifle back to aiming, faster. So, the recoil sets down to just almost no problem at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:11 pm 
Major General

Um I am shooting correctly. At the gun range the only way one can possibly fire a firearm is by sitting on the firing bench, be it with a pistol or a rifle.

Only thing my stance means is that I have less recoil because I have something to brace against.

The Maxim gun, and they have not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:37 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Ok, you want to see videos?

Mauser:

Notice it goes both back and up when I fire.

Webley:

Once again, notice it goes up and back (ignore the last shot, I was just enjoying the recoil).

Recoil should be a part of the game. You should have to wrestle your Fallschirmjaegergewehr to keep it on target (and to keep it in your hands ).

Just because everyone likes CS doesn't mean it's right. Everyone originally liked Adolf Hitler. He was Time Magazine's "M :( an of the Year" in 1938.

That loosk like a crap load of fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:04 pm 
Private

Actually, speaking as some that owns a large number of Military rifles, and has had the lucky opportunity to shoot select-fire weapons like the M14, AK-47, M16, FN-FAL and CETME, I can assure you, that recoil does really matter, and muzzle climb is not a load of crap. Even on a three round burst on the MP5 (which is a relatively low-recoil weapon), if you're tired, or breathing hard, or out of position, you still get muzzle climb. And something like the M1 Garand (which, I incidentally, am quite familiar with), even from a prone position, if you pick a target and rip off eight rounds at it for suppressing fire, the muzzle is going to climb, and wander horizontally. Perhaps not to the extent of the earlier screenshot (at least not at that range), but at 100 yards, the spread is going to be quite bad 1/4" movement of the muzzle of the gun can translate out to FEET of spread quite easily, it's simple geometry.