Headlines
Movies
Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:32 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:31 am 
Private First Class

Sorry I didnt read the post above mine about no single player so a lot of my suggestions will be useless.
I think you should add single player because some people don;t have internet connections and a lot of people just aren't good at multiplayer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:33 am 
Four Star General

Thanks for all the suggestions Purple!

We covered a number of these points earlier, but I'm sure you'll find them as you begin to explore the history on the threads here.

In short, yes, we're going multiplayer only at first but the settings and situations will very much be informed by the single player story (think mario kart levels viz a viz the mario series :) ). You'll get snippets and hints of what's actually going on in this way.

As far as the content available now goes, we're more than willing to admit it's all dated by now. We're building up the team and in the months to come will start putting out stuff that we feel is best representative of our talent, our target, and our promise to you guys.

The only reason we still keep all this stuff around is to highlight what we *did* do back in 2006 compared to what was out then. Sort of a way to show you how we were the John Moses Browning of the VG world for our time ;)

Keep the faith, keep the forums going, and tell your buds!
-AA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:35 am 
Lieutenant Colonel

Many games these days (uncharted 3, blacklight : retribution, etc) allow you to switch out the stocks in your weapons and I think this would be a neat feature in alliance, assuming of course that it can be done in real life. It makes for a nice way to personalize the weapon and given alliance's dedication towards accurate simulation, the performance characteristics of the weapon would also probably be affected. It should be noted that I have very little experience with real weapons and to be honest, I dont even know if there would be any difference in terms of handling. Now that I think about it, a stock that is absorbs the vibration better might reduce the "recovery" period between shots, but like i said im just guessing. :)

Also, being able to use optics on your sidearms would be very interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:22 am 
Four Star General

Quote:
the performance characteristics of the weapon would also probably be affected

So I think you have this half right.

Let me give you Brand X game vs. Alliance, and what Alliance will do to remain faithful to its goal.

Brand X: tiger stripe skin gives you +2 accuracy and +5 handling
Alliance: tiger stripe skin gives you tiger stripe skin. It might help or hinder your camo in that environment. Besides that, it's paint on a gun. Good luck.

Brand X: new "sniper" stock gives you 30% more accuracy and 10% faster reload time.
Alliance: if this stock is a free-floated one that bolts directly to the chassis, whereas the previous stock on said weapon was not free floated, you will see, on average, probably a .5-.75 MOA improvement in accuracy.

If none of that last part makes sense, research the terms and understand how a stock *actually* affects a rifle's performance, then I guarantee you it will.

The other approaches are, in my of-course-most-humble-of opinions, complete and utter hokum :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:05 pm 
Private

AllianceAsi wrote:
Quote:
Alliance: if this stock is a free-floated one that bolts directly to the chassis, whereas the previous stock on said weapon was not free floated, you will see, on average, probably a .5-.75 MOA improvement in accuracy.

If none of that last part makes sense, research the terms and understand how a stock *actually* affects a rifle's performance, then I guarantee you it will.

Wow...I think I love you guys already!! l3uild it and they will come!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:26 pm 
Private First Class

This could improve alliance. Weapon skins when you start a match or level it looks like it is in good condition but as you progress it deteriorates and gets dirty and scratched.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:49 am 
Four Star General

l3ulldozer wrote:
Wow...I think I love you guys already!! l3uild it and they will come!

Hah, that's the plan stan!! Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:02 pm 
Captain

AllianceAsi wrote:
Quote:
the performance characteristics of the weapon would also probably be affected

So I think you have this half right.

Let me give you Brand X game vs. Alliance, and what Alliance will do to remain faithful to its goal.

Brand X: tiger stripe skin gives you +2 accuracy and +5 handling
Alliance: tiger stripe skin gives you tiger stripe skin. It might help or hinder your camo in that environment. Besides that, it's paint on a gun. Good luck.

Brand X: new "sniper" stock gives you 30% more accuracy and 10% faster reload time.

The other approaches are, in my of-course-most-humble-of opinions, complete and utter hokum :)

This made me feel like a 12 year old asian kid seeing boobs for the time!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:38 am 
Lieutenant Colonel

How about a shooting range where you can go in and get acquainted with the nuances of various weapons and improve your shooting skills. :)

Anything to recreate that feeling of going to the range. I live in california after all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:05 pm 
Captain

#//neostyles.CD wrote:
How about a shooting range where you can go in and get acquainted with the nuances of various weapons and improve your shooting skills. :)

Anything to recreate that feeling of going to the range. I live in california after all.

Doesn't mean you can't shoot Bolt action rifles, or pistols, or shotguns, or anything ...just not anything that looks evil and black.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:11 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Bigdaddy wrote:
#//neostyles.CD wrote:

Doesn't mean you can't shoot Bolt action rifles, or pistols, or shotguns, or anything ...just not anything that looks evil and black.

Well, as if the gun laws in my state weren't bad enough, thanks to city ordinances, it's illegal town even own an airsoft gun. My city doesn't know about the 2nd amendment. Yep, Palo Alto. And to think I used to live in Texas, where almost anything goes and now im in place where basically the opposite is true. This is mostly why im so excited for alliance.

One of my friends from high school moved up to seattle and he has a place a few minutes from where he lives that he shoots everything.. 9mm.. ar 15.. etc. Everytime I think about that, I want to weep profusely. :(

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:59 am 
Private First Class

will allince vehicles: planes, tanks etc.?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:19 am 
Lieutenant Colonel

ThePurpleWiggle wrote:

As far as I know, the game will be focusing on the infantry experience.

I thought of an idea.. Im personally a really big fan of sniping and I wanted something that would really show off your great long range kills. So, how about something like in wanted, where it follows the bullet from the weapon to the target in slow mo?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:04 pm 
Captain

#//neostyles.CD wrote:
ThePurpleWiggle wrote:

I thought of an idea.. Im personally a really big fan of sniping and I wanted something that would really show off your great long range kills. So, how about something like in wanted, where it follows the bullet from the weapon to the target in slow mo?

Idk that sounds kinda lame. Because then you would have a cut scene when you were sniping so then someone could come up behind you and knife you shoot you etc. I vote no on this idea.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:04 am 
Lieutenant Colonel

Bigdaddy wrote:
#//neostyles.CD wrote:
ThePurpleWiggle wrote:

Idk that sounds kinda lame. Because then you would have a cut scene when you were sniping so then someone could come up behind you and knife you shoot you etc. I vote no on this idea.

Hmm, I see your point. How about when you are re spawning? Or perhaps whenever you get a long range, kill you could tap a key to go watch the shot if you wanted to and go away to the replay? . Since alliance will be giving us the real, fully authentic experience, I think the game really needs something to show off the brilliance of your furthest shots. The bullet scene at the end of wanted was very stylish and cool imo. At the very least, some stats would be nice (eg - range, muzzle energy, etc.) Some sort of global ranking system for the best sniper would be interesting too imo (it wouldn't only rank snipers obviously.)

In most games, when you die, all you can do is spectate other players which isn't particularly exciting. A slow mo montage of your kills (or some way of recapping your accomplishments for the last few minutes) would be much more entertaining imo. I feel like most games don't give you that level of feedback when it comes to your kills.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:05 pm 
Four Star General

Can't say too much, but this is close to something planned...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:11 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

AllianceAsi wrote:
Can't say too much, but this is close to something planned...

Any word on the highly anticipated updates? :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:59 am 
Lieutenant Colonel

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/desig ... e-3/725833

Some really neat things in here. Most games have never ever approached things like how the size of a weapon effects your balance as you are turning around.

Most games let you swing around on a dime (and as a result, they fail to capture the immersive feeling of aiming a weapon) and I really hope that this wont be the case for alliance. Even when you have your sidearm out, you shouldn't be able to do turn around at the speed of light. Likewise, when you have your rifle out, there should be more movement inertia. Because of the weapons weight, it shoudn't take more time to bring the weapon to a halt as you point it in a new direction.

Movement is something that has really been lacking in the average shooter, so I really hope alliance looks to try go the extra distance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:32 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

hmm, whats your opinion on modding / release of SDK & dev tools into the wild? Perhaps considering the nature of this game, users could create custom weapons that then depending on their quality might be assimilated into the end product.

( Alliance, first game to 1000 guns.. :) )

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:00 am 
Four Star General

Colt, you're right on the money. I *hate* to constantly be so cryptic about things, but it comes with wanting to answer almost every post, even if plans are quite a ways off. All I can say is, you's a bunch of smart cats. Keep on posting!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next