Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:22 am

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:40 pm 
Four Star General

Hello Alliance fans!

We just wanted to let you know that last month, Alliance entered its private Alpha testing period. The reason the main forums have been rather quiet is that most of the development discussion is currently happening in the Alpha test forums. We have our slots filled right now for testers, but we don't want to neglect the main community, so please feel free to continue posting here, and we will be happy get the dialogues going once again and answer any questions we can.

In time, we will be opening up the test to wider and wider audiences. At that time, we'll let you know how you can become a tester.

Thanks for your ongoing support!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:20 pm 
Recruit

Sounds great. I'd been excited for Alliance since I saw it sometime in early 2007, but I've not made an account for the forum until today. I hope your testing goes smoothly and you can iron out the bugs for an exemplary MP release in the future. I'm a hobbyist in firearms, and I love them as much as I live their history, so this game has always been on my radar.

When I'm at the range today shooting my Mosin-Nagant, I'll be imagining fighting as a partisan in the 1917 revolution or as a cold, tired (it's -8 C here :|) solider gridlocking the Nazi's at Stalingrad in your game. :)

Keep up the good work. I'll think of donating some cash your guys' way when my next paycheck comes in.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:19 pm 
Four Star General

Thanks Battle! Check in regularly- we love adding the original fans to the alpha test! Something about not having to doubt their.... alliance? :)

It's the holidays- give it to me.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:52 am 
Private First Class

Can you give us a progress report and maybe some pictures or video or anything, I don't want to be too offensive but this is the longest development of a game that I have ever seen, I'm sure you have lost many hopeful fans with this long wait especially since you give us nothing to hang on to.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:50 pm 
Sergeant First Class

Bare in mind that whilst it would look like the game has been in development since 2006 (ish), there has been a hiatus whilst the developers were working on other projects and raising funds.
As for anything to see ill stick with "wait and see its going to be worth it" at the moment. The main focus for the team I believe is making sure the game is as rock solid as possible before releasing any new screenshots and such.

Bare with these guys, they genuinely care about the game and the community.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:18 am 
Four Star General

Thanks Scradge. I was hoping someone else would answer before us :)

Purp- we're in closed-doors alpha testing right now. We're building up the core tech we need to deliver things like smooth multiplayer action, online accounts, and, of course, dem graphics.

I agree it's been awhile, but as Scradgey will probably attest, we have never before been actually iterating and releasing at the rate we now are. Every single week sees another step toward release in the hands of our testers.

Once it's time for a visual pass, we'll probably put something up. In effect, this is what's going on right now:

And we want to make sure those guts are nice and humming along before we show you this:

Hope you understand, and thank you so much for your patience!