Headlines
Movies
Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:38 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:34 pm 
Staff Sergeant

.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
[*]Anything rifle round above 5.56.
[*]Any rifle round above .38.

That's pretty damn conflicting.

Quote:
Spcecial ammo types like holllow point armor piercing.

Of which hollow points aren't special and armor piercing doesn't exist. Steel core, perhaps? Not exactly armor piercing.

Technically, FMJs are armor piercing... meaning you just banned 99% of all ammunition on earth. Good job.

Quote:
[*]Any weapon currently in use by the armed forces or for the past decade.

I think you need to look up the 1986 FOPA...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:46 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Oh for the lova of god, who needs something like that for home defense. A shotgun loaded with rock salt or a .22 will sto someone. You won't need a fucking anti tank round.

Considering I've had experience with firearms and calibers, I think my opinion will be useful in this matter.

.22LR is completely ineffective at stopping intruders. People have been shot over a dozen times with 9x19 (and not wearing body armor) and still be alive, conscious, and functional in attacking. Perhaps if I had a .22LR that was belt-fed or had a drum magazine of a few hundred rounds, I might agree... but something tells me you wouldn't be for that.

Quote:
Glad you asked. They're all based onthe underlying principle that our law enforcement should not be out gunned. As mentioned, you don't need an assault rifle to defend yourself against Bob Jones, 2 time convict.

Police are outgunned by illegally obtained firearms.

And, if a 330-lb man on PCP breaks down your door looking to kill you and your family and then rape your dead bodies or whatnot... even you're going to want the most deadly firearm you could possibly have.

Quote:

Wow. You got your information from a Youtube video, and visited a website called 50caliberterror. CERTAINLY, that website isn't biased.
And, quite obviously, such vastly more reputible sources like Youtube trump my use of the USDOJ as a source.

Quote:
Look, our armed forces are engaging insurgents in Iraq and Afganistan. Us ordinary citizens are not. Why are we acting like society should be at war with itself?

Did you turn on the TV when Katrina hit New Orleans?

Quote:
Protecting ourselves against an alleged government tyranny amounts to nothing than more paranoia.

Yeah, tell that to Randy Weaver's family.

Last edited by Sturmwehr on Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:50 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Expect a responce later on. I'm too busy using my digital M4.

BY THE WAY, STILL WAITING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:56 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
Considering I've had experience with firearms and calibers, I think my opinion will be useful in this matter.

Useful in providing in inaccurately rosy rendition of guns?

Quote:
.22LR is completely ineffective at stopping intruders. People have been shot over a dozen times with 9x19 (and not wearing body armor) and still be alive, conscious, and functional in attacking. Perhaps if I had a .22LR that was belt-fed or had a drum magazine of a few hundred rounds, I might agree... but something tells me you wouldn't be for that.

Have you ever been shot with a .22 round. I haven't but I'm guessing the pain will immobilize you, almost certainly if you are hit in the legs. No one can walk with broken legs.

Quote:
Police are outgunned by illegally obtained firearms.

..Which I'm very well aware of. But making high caliber guns and automatics easily accessibly only exacerbates the situation.

Quote:
And, if a 330-lb man on PCP breaks down your door looking to kill you and your family and then rape your dead bodies or whatnot... even you're going to want the most deadly firearm you could possibly have.

I love how gun fantastics paint this ridiculously pessimistic picture of society in which everyone is out to kill you.

Quote:
Wow. You got your information from a Youtube video, and visited a website called 50caliberterror. CERTAINLY, that website isn't biased.

Videos from a wide variety of respectable sources are uploaded to you tube, regardless of what their polticical or social agendas are.

Who ares if it's youtube. I bet you'll even find pro gun radicals dancing around.

The name of the website is only based on their observations. Their concerns are perfectly rational and reasonable. By making Barret's avauialbe, the potention for a shit load of disaster exists.
Quote:
Did you turn on the TV when Katrina hit New Orleans?

Yup, sure did. But those are extraneous circumstance, hardly representative of the average society conditions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:16 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

I love how gun fantastics paint this ridiculously pessimistic picture of society in which everyone is out to kill you.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: lmfao lol what the fuck dude you says that like you don't do the same thign wait no you don't you do it even more so if you can't keep from conterdicking yourself maybe you should stop trying to argue with people

Sox's assistant and the number one grunt of the NZG
don't mess with a nation that needs medication

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:20 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Useful in providing in inaccurately rosy rendition of guns?

Do you have any experience in self-defense with firearms?

...I'm guessing no. In which case, your basis that .22LR is sufficient for self-defense is bunk.

Quote:
Have you ever been shot with a .22 round. I haven't but I'm guessing the pain will immobilize you, almost certainly if you are hit in the legs. No one can walk with broken legs.

Except that .22LR loads don't usually have anywhere near the energy requirements to break the femur.

And, having tested firearm calibers, I can tell you it's ineffective as a defense load.

Quote:
I love how un fantastics paint this ridiculously pessimistic picture of society in which everyone is out to kill you.

And I love how you wish to disarm your fellow American citizens because you're an idiot, ignorant, and have never experienced a violent encounter.

Quote:
Videos from a wide variety of respectable sources are uploaded to you tube, regardless of what their polticical or social agendas are.

And all are equally worthless, unless they came from a major network with facts supporting it.

Quote:
Who ares if it's youtube.

I do. And your source is unacceptable.

Quote:
The name of the website is only based on their observations.

...Which is biased.

Quote:
Their concerns are perfectly rational and reasonable. By making Barret's avauialbe, the potention for a shit load of disaster exists.

And, here's a little fact that I bet WASN'T on that biased website:

No .50 BMG caliber rifle has ever been used in a crime in the United States, documented in full.

Quote:
Yup, sure did. But those are extraneous circumstance, hardly representative of the average society conditions.

I bet they would've said the same thing. This just shows how ignorant you really are. Natural disasters can strike anytime. Right now, an earthquake could devastate your city... good luck defending your home if looters come.

I'll just leave you to wander in your shell of ignorance and lies. You seem happy there, in your deluded own little world that's far from reality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:28 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Why do I bother? Every bit of common sens or piece of information that isn't in the favor of guns, you say it's biased.

I've got better things to do.

Your love of guns has clearly impaired yor judgement./arnold voice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:35 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

i love how i get ingnored in here it's funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:37 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

Why do I bother? Every bit of common sens or piece of information that isn't in the favor of guns, you say it's biased.

Your love of guns has clearly impaired yor judgement./arnold voice
it's because it is we have posted govermental research you have posted anti gun bs that has been prove faulse by the govermental research

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:17 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

You're funny, you know that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:19 pm 
Staff Sergeant

And you're so deluded as to think a website called 50caliberterror is a valid and non-biased website. Horseshit. It's a fear mongering website with an obvious anti-gun agenda. I've actually posted sources from UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT AGENCIES. The best you can do is a fucking youtube video.

And, nothing you've posted has had any common sense. I even had to explain to you how drug SNIFFING dogs are used, so you have no right to talk about common sense.

Quote:

For someone that makes up 12.74% of ALL POSTS IN THIS ENTIRE FORUM, I don't think you do.

Quote:
your love of guns has clearly impaired yor judgement./arnold voice

And, considering you own a gun, that statement means absolutely nothing to me, and carries no value.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:20 pm 
Captain

Oh for the lova of god, who needs something like that for home defense. A shotgun loaded with rock salt or a .22 will sto someone. You won't need a fucking anti tank round.

Quote:
How have you arrived at your "rules"?

Have you done any research whatsoever into what weapons crimes are actually committed with?

Have you applied any logic at all to any of that?

Glad you asked. They're all based onthe underlying principle that our law enforcement should not be out gunned. As mentioned, you don't need an assault rifle to defend yourself against Bob Jones, 2 time convict.

Actually, I have done some research
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcWo-7wGt5s
http://www.50caliberterror.com/index2.html

It's a horrifying thought.

Look, our armed forces are engaging insurgents in Iraq and Afganistan. Us ordinary citizens are not. Why are we acting like society should be at war with itself?

Protecting ourselves against an alleged government tyranny amounts to nothing than more paranoia.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

OMG I cant stop laughing at your 2 links more so the 2nd one.

First of all IN ORDER TO GET A .50 CAL ANYTHING. You need to go through an ATF check which means you wait for 6 months while they check to see if your a criminal or an idiot. And your 2nd link makes me laugh so hard...lol omg...a sniper rifle taking down a plane AHAHAHHAHA omg thats awesome. omg...this is just to funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:25 pm 
Captain

Your an Idiot you know that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:27 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

Bigdaddy wrote:

Your an Idiot you know that?
no he doesn't i mean his so stupid he doesn't know he is thats why his an idiot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:18 am 
Corporal

Location: 3 -story building, 2nd floor, 3rd window from the left..can you see the shine?
Chaunsey wrote:
Colt .45 Killer wrote:
*bananawhacks you fir insulting a weapon made by colt!*

how can you say poor quality, the 1911 was probably the longest serving sidearm in military history?!

colt is not the same company it was 20+ years ago.

colt today is mediocre quality at prices higher then superior competitors.

not to mention that colt should be boycotted for their anti civilian gun ownership stance.

Well, I hate to say it. But I agree that civilians shouldn't be allowed to purchase assault rifles, mostly because criminals can get their hands on them.

Speaking of which, I'm probably the only one here who supports the 50 caliber ban?

What are you? a hippie? lol just kidding...
lol are you serious with all this? ;D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:12 pm 
Private First Class

The only people who are going to commit crimes with 50cals are the ones who are resourceful and determined enough to get the weapons even with a ban.

I have no statistics but i would bet that most weapons used in the commission of a crime are either unlicensed hand guns (e.g. someone without a concealed carry permit) or a low power hunting rifle.

Sure a 50 cal is scary and all but it is large enough that it will only be used in intentional killings, like mob hits and the like.

Neostyles is gone so this is likely pointless.

[edit]12 gage and above? so a 6 gage is fine?[/edit]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:44 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

:shock: the biggest ive ever seen was a 10 guage, i had that thing in my own hands. was a beaut 2!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:52 pm 
Captain

Colt .45 Killer wrote:
:shock: the biggest ive ever seen was a 10 guage, i had that thing in my own hands. was a beaut 2!

2 and half gauge is better :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:55 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

piccie pls , or it dosent exist. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:30 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

me still wants the piccie...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next