Headlines
Movies
Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:42 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:12 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Bigdaddy wrote:
.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
spm1138 wrote:
Fascinating read about the mechanics of shooting people :

http://www.firearmstactical.com/hwfe.htm

This just confirms what I said earlier about guns inducing violent behaviour. That and the earlier analysis about sick shit like "tissue damage." The mere fact that you describe this as "fascinating" only sheds light onto your sick mentality.

You're not giving us gamers much of a case against anti game activists like Jack Thompson.

All along, I've been trying to maintain that game violence is seperate from real violence.

You keep on saying that gun owners are peaceful. Well lo and behold, oe of the most popular topics seems to be using guns to harm people.

You right wingers just don't want to accept the truth.

So someone saying that a book that is an FBI handbook is interesting makes us violent? You really need think a VERY VERY LONG TIME before you say anything...about anything. I swear you exergerate more than a woman....

Who wrote it is irrelevant. What matters is that it goes into a lot of detasil about weapons harming poeple.

spm seems to think that this is "fascinating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:50 pm 
Staff Sergeant

Who wrote it is irrelevant. What matters is that it goes into a lot of detasil about weapons harming poeple.

Horseshit. The very fact that the report was written by a federal government agency as an internal document ruins the entire basis of your argument. That is, unless you really are that damn stupid to insinuate that the FBI is a bunch of gun-totting right-wing rednecks out to use their firearms to kill people. If so, you're more demented and retarded than I first thought.

There really should be laws preventing you from speaking/writing before you think. Half the shit you've written in this thread came from either you not knowing anything about the issue, or making erroneous statements that were later disproved (yet you still stuck with them).

In fact, your words are your own worst enemy:

The liberal perspective has really distorted their purpose.

We're getting to the point where the liberals would have us believe that "guns solve world hunger!"

...For someone that didn't even know that the majority of "liberals" (political left-leaning individuals) wish to BAN guns and do not support their ownership... you have no right to label someone left-wing or right-wing when you can't even tell the difference between the two.

Another thing you have working against you here is that you're a fucking GUN OWNER and yet support the total disarmament of American citizens - that is quite possibly the most ridiculous and hypocritical viewpoint one could have. I mean, why not drive drunk to an AA meeting while leading a prohibition campaign while you're at it?

Neostyles, you take the "honor" of being the most ignorant, juvenile, and most out-spoken fool that I've ever had the dubious job of having to debate...and that's saying a lot, I was on the Counter-Strike forums.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:08 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Expect a responce later on. I'm too busy using my digital M4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:44 pm 
Captain

oops lol

Last edited by Bigdaddy on Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:45 pm 
Major General

Sturmwehr, watch your language.

The Maxim gun, and they have not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:48 pm 
Captain

DerMann wrote:

?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:54 pm 
Major General

Read carefully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:24 pm 
Captain

DerMann wrote:

He called him retarded?...is that what your panties are in a bunch about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:47 pm 
Master Sergeant

spm1138 wrote:
Fascinating read about the mechanics of shooting people :

http://www.firearmstactical.com/hwfe.htm

This just confirms what I said earlier about guns inducing violent behaviour. That and the earlier analysis about sick shit like "tissue damage." The mere fact that you describe this as "fascinating" only sheds light onto your sick mentality.

You're not giving us gamers much of a case against anti game activists like Jack Thompson.

All along, I've been trying to maintain that game violence is seperate from real violence.

You keep on saying that gun owners are peaceful. Well lo and behold, oe of the most popular topics seems to be using guns to harm people.

You right wingers just don't want to accept the truth.

I live in dear old blighty. I don't own any guns. I would if I could.

How do I have a sick mentality? The document was pertinent to the discussion we were having. It's a pretty decent technical primer on the hows and whys of bullets hitting human beings. It's no more sick than watching say... House or CSI.

If your objective is to construct a vaguelly realistic simulation of small arms combat then it's relevant. Now exactly how computer games AND movies AND TV portray violence for entertainment is /entirely/ up for debate if you ask me but I already nudged this thread off course once so I'll leave it for now :P

I am law abiding. I pay my taxes. I resolve my conflicts through non-violent means by preference (haven't been in a punchup since high school, 12 years ago). I am kind to kittens and old people. I have a boss record collection and I drink really good whisky. Though I say it myself, I think I'm a pretty well adjusted human being.

I don't know how you're deciding I am "Right Wing" either. That's a slightly cartoonish approach to politics. I mean personally I try and approach a question in a circumspect manner evaluating it's individual merits rather than just agreeing with whichever lot I think I should be. As far as the gun control question goes, I am far from convinced by prevailing opinion in this country.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:09 pm 
Major General

Bigdaddy wrote:
DerMann wrote:

Try again....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:28 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

DerMann wrote:
Bigdaddy wrote:
DerMann wrote:

Try again....
would it be when he said fuck because i dont' see any fucking thing wrong with saying fuck in fact i like saying fuck didn't sox say we would say what we want with in reason

and oh by the was mr neostyles i'm the only truly sickminded sicodic here so you might wanna stop with the calling others such

i'm a sadistic unholy mofo and pround of it and non of that has anything with the argument at hand which is the right to barearms and your willinness to take away peoples rights

Sox's assistant and the number one grunt of the NZG
don't mess with a nation that needs medication

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:28 pm 
Captain

DerMann wrote:
Bigdaddy wrote:
DerMann wrote:

Try again....

oh the part about him being a gun owner...eh...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:08 pm 
Private First Class

well, isn't this fun, yes neostyles is a hypocrite.

So hows about gun laws. What (if any) types of fire arms should be banned?
If you say none, does that mean i have the right to have (and use) an artillery cannon?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:00 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

I thought you guys would be intersted in this comparison pic :

Not all guns should be banned. People still should have something for self defense and hobby, however, the any guns with the following charactersitics should be illegal :
  • 12 Guage or above shotguns.
  • 50 caliber rifles.
  • Anything that can fire burst or automatic fire.
  • Spcecial ammo types like holllow point armor piercing.
  • Anything rifle round above 5.56.
  • Any rifle round above .38.
  • Any weapon currently in use by the armed forces or for the past decade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:09 pm 
Master Sergeant

Personally I favour discarding sabot hypervelocity penetrators for home defence.

edit
How have you arrived at your "rules"?

Have you done any research whatsoever into what weapons crimes are actually committed with?

Have you applied any logic at all to any of that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:03 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Oh for the lova of god, who needs something like that for home defense. A shotgun loaded with rock salt or a .22 will sto someone. You won't need a fucking anti tank round.

Quote:
How have you arrived at your "rules"?

Have you done any research whatsoever into what weapons crimes are actually committed with?

Have you applied any logic at all to any of that?

Glad you asked. They're all based onthe underlying principle that our law enforcement should not be out gunned. As mentioned, you don't need an assault rifle to defend yourself against Bob Jones, 2 time convict.

Actually, I have done some research
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcWo-7wGt5s
http://www.50caliberterror.com/index2.html

It's a horrifying thought.

Look, our armed forces are engaging insurgents in Iraq and Afganistan. Us ordinary citizens are not. Why are we acting like society should be at war with itself?

Protecting ourselves against an alleged government tyranny amounts to nothing than more paranoia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:26 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

dude you couldn't even hit a plane with one of those rifles let alone shoot it down

planes fly at 35 thousand feet that gun can't even shoot that high and one bullet would never be enough to shoot it down try again bud

.50 Caliber Sniper Rifles were designed to attack parked or landing aircraft, armored personnel carriers, rail tank cars, bulk fuel storage, and concrete bunkers.

wrong .50 caliber rilfes were made to disable parked aircraft light armored vechcales which doesn't include apc

you coulnt' shoot at a plane with one bullet afew in the engines and afew in the fuel tanks and it isn't going anywhere any time soon

Osama bin Laden’s Al-Qaeda network bought 25 Barrett .50 Caliber sniper rifles in the late 1980s.
nice of them to throw that name in for fear factor but i'm still not scared

.50 Caliber ammunition is the largest round available on the civilian market and highly destructive armor-piercing, incendiary, and explosive rounds are easily available.

armor piercing and incenciary round are illengal already

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:46 pm 
Master Sergeant

[sarcasm]
Pissing off an armed intruder by shooting them with salt or .22 is definitely what you want to do in self defence. I can't imagine how that could possibly go horribly wrong. :?
[/sarcasm]

I'll help you out here... what you want to be looking at is how many crimes were committed with .50 BMG rifles. vs say... .22 weapons.

Now as far as I know, rifles like that are very expensive.

Now I really can't be bothered doing even the most cursory research into this but my gut is telling me that there is going to be a strong negative correlation between income and how likely a person is to commit firearms crime.

Please, look at some actual figures and prove me wrong.

To whit - I don't think it's the expensive guns you should be worrying about.

edit
And whomgosh, you didn't just link a PARTY POLITICAL BROADCAST which talks about "FIFTY CALIBER ASSAULT RIFLES" as research did you?

Clue-by-four.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:53 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

[quote]Pissing off an armed intruder by shooting them with salt or .22 is definitely what you want to do in self defence. I can't imagine how that could possibly go horribly wrong.[/quoe]
Statistics indicate that the average introuder isn't exactltly a sharp shooter. Infact, they are very poorly trained.

You don't need an asault rifle to stop someone. Rock salt does hurt enough, even more so a .22 round. Even if it doesn't giv them, they won't be able to get up. It will, at the very least, give you the opportunity to run up and disarme them and subdu them further if neccesary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:57 pm 
2nd Lieutenant

http://www.firearmstactical.com/hwfe.htm try reading it this time

i'd suggest where they start talking about the suppression of pain

if you shot me with rock salt you'd piss me off and i'd kill you befor the pain would even kick in try again fear

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next