The War
Headlines
Movies
Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:43 pm




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:24 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 1312
Location: Texas
Canada, Great Britain, Austrailia, Germany, Italy, and France all have much lower firearm related deaths/injuries per year :\

_________________
Image
Head of Zombie Suit Manufacturing, Supplying Guns to the Mentally Stable, Lead Researcher for Weapons, Grand Requisitioner, and Master Keeper of the NZG Armoury.
Whatever happens, we have got
The Maxim gun, and they have not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:33 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 1826
Location: Hayward, Cali
Quote:
so you're going to tell me that somene having a gun causes more crime than rampant poverty or civil strife?

No, but having the gun avaialble makes carrying outthier murderous intentions far more easier.

Quote:
guns have no effect on crime, people do NOT become criminals because of the access to a gun.

You just suimmed up the extreme right wing point of view there.

We should all give assault rifles to young children because it would make the world safer!

Yeah fucking right. Guns kill. That's what they were meant to do. To allow such free acess to firearms is to assume that people are all emotionally and mentally sound.

Quote:
japan has a lower crimerate than the US, many other anti gun countries do NOT howver.

Such as?

_________________
Go pioneers!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:04 pm 
Offline
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 999
Location: Houston, Texas
.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
Quote:
so you're going to tell me that somene having a gun causes more crime than rampant poverty or civil strife?

No, but having the gun avaialble makes carrying outthier murderous intentions far more easier.

Quote:
guns have no effect on crime, people do NOT become criminals because of the access to a gun.

You just suimmed up the extreme right wing point of view there.

We should all give assault rifles to young children because it would make the world safer!

Yeah fucking right. Guns kill. That's what they were meant to do. To allow such free acess to firearms is to assume that people are all emotionally and mentally sound.

Quote:
japan has a lower crimerate than the US, many other anti gun countries do NOT howver.

Such as?


How would you know what a right wing point of view is if your not part of the right wing?

_________________
-Leader of the DAP
-Head of Transportation
-Guinea Pig for the Entire NZG
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:11 pm 
Offline
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:13 pm
Posts: 196
.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
You just suimmed up the extreme right wing point of view there.

We should all give assault rifles to young children because it would make the world safer!


I won't honor strawman arguments. If that's the best you can do, it isn't enough. And, had you bothered to read (something you apparently have much difficulty with) the USDOJ statistics, you would see that rifles are the least used firearm in crimes.

Quote:
Yeah fucking right. Guns kill. That's what they were meant to do. To allow such free acess to firearms is to assume that people are all emotionally and mentally sound.


Apparently even people qualified to fly the fucking Space Shuttle are a tad mentally imbalanced.

Quote:
Quote:
japan has a lower crimerate than the US, many other anti gun countries do NOT howver.

Such as?

[/quote]

England, Mexico, Ireland, ect.


Last edited by Sturmwehr on Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:11 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 1312
Location: Texas
Bigdaddy wrote:
How would you know what a right wing point of view is if your not part of the right wing?


By watching Fox News and hangin' out with you ;)

_________________
Image
Head of Zombie Suit Manufacturing, Supplying Guns to the Mentally Stable, Lead Researcher for Weapons, Grand Requisitioner, and Master Keeper of the NZG Armoury.
Whatever happens, we have got
The Maxim gun, and they have not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:20 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 1826
Location: Hayward, Cali
Fox news is a fuckin' riot.

_________________
Go pioneers!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:00 pm 
Offline
Sergeant First Class
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:02 am
Posts: 215
Location: Brandywine, MD
DerMann wrote:
Canada, Great Britain, Austrailia, Germany, Italy, and France all have much lower firearm related deaths/injuries per year :\



that doesnt immediately say that gun control causes it though does it?


you have to prove that gun control CAUSED those low rates, there is no default worldwide murder rate.


by the way, we have a lower rate of crime, especially violent crime than some of those countries.

dont forget the state by state either, every state is different.

vermont for example has next to NO gun laws but its one of the lowest crime states.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:10 pm 
Offline
Sergeant First Class
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:02 am
Posts: 215
Location: Brandywine, MD
.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
Quote:
so you're going to tell me that somene having a gun causes more crime than rampant poverty or civil strife?

No, but having the gun avaialble makes carrying outthier murderous intentions far more easier.


maybe so, but the lack of it wont stop them either.

there has been no correlation with guns and crime in the US or anywhere else really either.


Quote:
Quote:
guns have no effect on crime, people do NOT become criminals because of the access to a gun.

You just suimmed up the extreme right wing point of view there.

We should all give assault rifles to young children because it would make the world safer!

Yeah fucking right. Guns kill. That's what they were meant to do. To allow such free acess to firearms is to assume that people are all emotionally and mentally sound.



i just summed up a majority point of view, not an extreme one, most of the united states is conservative and relatively pro gun.

and why do you feel the need to throw in rediculously stupid sarcastic extreme comments like that?


your last statement shows your inherent government dependence aswell you say "allow" asthough the default state of thing is government control.

thats not how it works in america, the default state is no government interference, the government can only control what the constitution allows it to control, the states have a little more freedom but still the people are masters over the government not the other way around, the government doesnt "allow" us our rights, they are inherent to our existance.

Quote:
japan has a lower crimerate than the US, many other anti gun countries do NOT howver.

Such as?[/quote]

the UK and australia have hiogher violent crime, some others may have more aswell.

you're more likely to be mugged in london than new york city today, and on the international crime victimization ranking the US is usually quite low on the list of 19 industrialized nations.


also remember that the US isnt a giant average, we have thousands of different areas and most of the murders and high crime is highly concentrated in a few urban areas, most of the US is extremely safe.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:12 pm 
Offline
Sergeant First Class
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:02 am
Posts: 215
Location: Brandywine, MD
.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
Fox news is a fuckin' riot.




only because you disagree with them?

they're no more biased than most media outlets and less biased than many.

they dont lie, some people just dont like a balanced point of view, some people dont like that fox gives an opposing opinion sometimes.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:35 pm 
Offline
Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:02 pm
Posts: 301
Didn't guncrime go up here since the Dunblane ban?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:03 am 
Offline
Sergeant First Class

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:06 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Boston, Ma
If as majority of the population is conservative then why do liberals have Congress?

I'm pretty sure most of the population now adays is considered moderate, if not liberal-reps.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:22 am 
Offline
Sergeant First Class
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:02 am
Posts: 215
Location: Brandywine, MD
spm1138 wrote:
Didn't guncrime go up here since the Dunblane ban?



yes, even a decade after the ban gun crime and murder is up in the UK, violent crime in particular has gone WAY up.

now this is not BECAUSE of the gun ban in my opinion, but it shows the ban had no effect.


heres a good article if you'd like to read about the issue in the UK.

i disagree that the bans have CAUSED the crime, because i dont think there is solid evidence that the presence of, or lack thereof of guns effects the crime rate muchm but the article has lots of good info, this was published in the telegraph, its not some rag or political site.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main ... /ixop.html


its kinda sad the UK has always been the closest culturally to the US after perhaps canada and australia but in the last half century both the car culture and gun culture, both things that the UK was well known for at one time have been stamped out by a nanny government. to this day english shotguns are prized over most any for their gorgeous styling and great function.

you guys still have a few small firms doing great thins in arms development.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:28 am 
Offline
Sergeant First Class
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:02 am
Posts: 215
Location: Brandywine, MD
Bjorn wrote:
If as majority of the population is conservative then why do liberals have Congress?

I'm pretty sure most of the population now adays is considered moderate, if not liberal-reps.



"liberals" dont necessarily have congress.


democrats have congress, not liberals, both are not one in the same.

alot of democrats are still conservatives.


the majority of america IS moderate, but there is no such thing as true moderate, there is no exact middle point.

america, on its own is mostly just right of center, most of the rest is just left of center.

overall most of america is very moderate, atleast for america, on the world scale americans are very conservative, even the average liberal in america is conservative compared to most of the world.

liberal and conservative are relative terms, and dont mean the same thing everywhere or every time.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:21 am 
Offline
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:13 pm
Posts: 196
Bjorn wrote:
If as majority of the population is conservative then why do liberals have Congress?

I'm pretty sure most of the population now adays is considered moderate, if not liberal-reps.


Are you aware that before that, 12 years straight, the Republican party held the majority?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:14 pm 
Offline
Sergeant First Class

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:06 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Boston, Ma
Sturmwehr wrote:
Bjorn wrote:
If as majority of the population is conservative then why do liberals have Congress?

I'm pretty sure most of the population now adays is considered moderate, if not liberal-reps.


Are you aware that before that, 12 years straight, the Republican party held the majority?


Yes I am sir but politics is one of the most dynamic parts of society.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:36 pm 
Offline
2nd Lieutenant

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:17 pm
Posts: 592
sure gun crimes arent as common up here in canada, stabbings are.

_________________
No sigs makes threads load faster!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:58 pm 
Offline
Major General
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 1312
Location: Texas
I know some of you will enjoy this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjM9fcEzSJ0

_________________
Image
Head of Zombie Suit Manufacturing, Supplying Guns to the Mentally Stable, Lead Researcher for Weapons, Grand Requisitioner, and Master Keeper of the NZG Armoury.
Whatever happens, we have got
The Maxim gun, and they have not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:35 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 1826
Location: Hayward, Cali
spm1138 wrote:
Fascinating read about the mechanics of shooting people :

http://www.firearmstactical.com/hwfe.htm


This just confirms what I said earlier about guns inducing violent behaviour. That and the earlier analysis about sick shit like "tissue damage." The mere fact that you describe this as "fascinating" only sheds light onto your sick mentality.

You're not giving us gamers much of a case against anti game activists like Jack Thompson.

All along, I've been trying to maintain that game violence is seperate from real violence.

You keep on saying that gun owners are peaceful. Well lo and behold, oe of the most popular topics seems to be using guns to harm people.

You right wingers just don't want to accept the truth.

_________________
Go pioneers!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:45 pm 
Offline
2nd Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 2:54 pm
Posts: 592
.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
spm1138 wrote:
Fascinating read about the mechanics of shooting people :

http://www.firearmstactical.com/hwfe.htm


This just confirms what I said earlier about guns inducing violent behaviour. That and the earlier analysis about sick shit like "tissue damage." The mere fact that you describe this as "fascinating" only sheds light onto your sick mentality.

You're not giving us gamers much of a case against anti game activists like Jack Thompson.

All along, I've been trying to maintain that game violence is seperate from real violence.

You keep on saying that gun owners are peaceful. Well lo and behold, oe of the most popular topics seems to be using guns to harm people.

You right wingers just don't want to accept the truth.
oh yes there is a big diffrence between game violence and real violence real violence hurts the person doing and the person reseving

jack thompson is being sued agains and this timei think they are going to take his liances away so no point worring about his dumb ass

the fact argue against every thing they say and just about everything you say at that

_________________
Image
Image
Image
Sox's assistant and the number one grunt of the NZG
don't mess with a nation that needs medication


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:59 pm 
Offline
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 999
Location: Houston, Texas
.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
spm1138 wrote:
Fascinating read about the mechanics of shooting people :

http://www.firearmstactical.com/hwfe.htm


This just confirms what I said earlier about guns inducing violent behaviour. That and the earlier analysis about sick shit like "tissue damage." The mere fact that you describe this as "fascinating" only sheds light onto your sick mentality.

You're not giving us gamers much of a case against anti game activists like Jack Thompson.

All along, I've been trying to maintain that game violence is seperate from real violence.

You keep on saying that gun owners are peaceful. Well lo and behold, oe of the most popular topics seems to be using guns to harm people.

You right wingers just don't want to accept the truth.

So someone saying that a book that is an FBI handbook is interesting makes us violent? You really need think a VERY VERY LONG TIME before you say anything...about anything. I swear you exergerate more than a woman....

_________________
-Leader of the DAP
-Head of Transportation
-Guinea Pig for the Entire NZG
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group