The War
Headlines
Movies
Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:33 am




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:58 pm 
Offline
2nd Lieutenant

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:17 pm
Posts: 592
Bjorn wrote:
Lol i think that you are going a bit overboard guy. My grandfather fought in WWII and he was one of the most outspoken anti-war/anti-firearms/anti-second ammendment(?) individuals i've ever met so please don't say that my grandfather is spitting in the face of all of his fallen brothers in arms.

And I believe that taking away weapons hardly constitutes tyranny on the level of Hitler and Stalin.


well most of the ww2 vets are peacefull people as they have seen extreme horrors, and if you ask them if they had their battle rifle back in their hands and happened to see somone robbing somone, would they not use that gun to stop the robber,

its a japan vs usa thing, the war vets have lived in a different world then ours, theres was a world where weapons are used only to kill, which is not true in our world today.

@ .50cal
sure take all the guns away, lets pause for 1 second and imagine you got rid of them all and the government dident go crazy, so youve got the average guy being about 180 - 250 lbs, while the average woman is 110 - 150. so what stops the guy from robbing/raping that woman if she has no defence? you know its more often women carrying protective weapons?

----------

i was also bullied in school and i came VERY close to snapping and killing somone, and every time i hear this FUCKING BULLSHIT that banning guns or some other FUCKING BULLSHIT about how to stop the school shootings i wana beat something. school shootings and stabbings are caused 99% of the time BY ONE THING. an thats a bullied child snapping, AND I DONT BLAME THAT BULLIED CHILD FOR SNAPPING. why? because his teachers watch AND JOIN IN insulting this one child, and the teachers see ALL the other students picking on this 1 child, then after the shooting, they say "aww such a bad child, and all the kids who died were little angles". its malarky people, this may sound really sick here, but if i saw i kid in the elementary school next to mine gettin bullied, i would probably go haywire on the ones bullying him. as it is now, i try fairly hard to stop people in my school bad talking others.

rare examples of other kinds of school shootings are columbine, those shooters were evolutionists to the core, which can be known by some quotes from their journals stating that 1 of their targets "dident deserver the jaw evolution gave him". and they did it on hitlers birthday as a tribute to him as his whole reason for slaugthering jews was also evolution.



@whoever it was who stated anti christian remarks

leme put it this way, anayone who calls themselves a christian, and dosent follow the rules put before every christian is a LIAR, and shouldent be thought of as a christian.
basically your suppose to be a good, fair, and respectfull person, who dosent take advantage of others. along with being generous to those in need, anayone who is blatantly not following those rules isnt a christian.

also, imo, catholics are CATHOLIC, not christian, theyr close, but theres a difference there, and dont call them both christian.

so, when you refer to "lets not have any radical christians" thats a rather uninformed remark. as a "radical"(extreme) christian would probably be the nicest person you ever met.

_________________
No sigs makes threads load faster!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:06 pm 
Offline
Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:02 pm
Posts: 301
45,

Implicating being "evolutionist" as a reason for people murdering is just as asinine as blaming Christianity for anything surely?

Both statements strike me as grossly misinformed, anyway.

As far as I know, there's nothing in any of the theory of evolution that states that you should attempt to make yourself an agent of natural selection.

I should also point that religious persocution has been getting by just fine on it's own without evolution as an excuse for ohh... most of history :?

Jews tend have a hard time because they tend to be newcomers I guess.

Sorry to hear you got bullied. I found this an interesting read on the whole high school thing: http://www.paulgraham.com/nerds.html

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:36 am 
Offline
2nd Lieutenant

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:17 pm
Posts: 592
meh im just saying that evolution has parts in it that can be looked at and you can get a hitler, some people in the past have warped parts of the bible to fit their own agenda (see colonialization of new england and new france) however if someone were to actually folllow the biblical runes laid out they wouldent turn out like that.

the problem with evolution is that it leaves the room for somone to say what hitler did which was "if all species are evolving then i must be the better one because (insert random bullshit facts here). therefore in order to help the earth if i kill off the species of lower qualitty were left with the better specimens.

however before this gets totaly sidetracked into religion (evolution is a religion unto its own) lets stop it here.

_________________
No sigs makes threads load faster!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:41 am 
Offline
2nd Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 2:54 pm
Posts: 592
Colt .45 Killer wrote:
@whoever it was who stated anti christian remarks

leme put it this way, anayone who calls themselves a christian, and dosent follow the rules put before every christian is a LIAR, and shouldent be thought of as a christian.
basically your suppose to be a good, fair, and respectfull person, who dosent take advantage of others. along with being generous to those in need, anayone who is blatantly not following those rules isnt a christian.

also, imo, catholics are CATHOLIC, not christian, theyr close, but theres a difference there, and dont call them both christian.

so, when you refer to "lets not have any radical christians" thats a rather uninformed remark. as a "radical"(extreme) christian would probably be the nicest person you ever met.


read a history book sometime dude because the christian churches would be resposable for more bloodshed then any other and yes i lumb vatholics with christians because they believe in the same god and all that good shit

if it wasn't for religion the dark ages would have never happening either would the crusades or the holocaust

and oh if you really wanna think about it the crusades are still going on todate the war between the Muslims and Christians is still going on today

_________________
Image
Image
Image
Sox's assistant and the number one grunt of the NZG
don't mess with a nation that needs medication


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:56 am 
Offline
Master Sergeant
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:02 pm
Posts: 301
Colt .45 Killer wrote:
meh im just saying that evolution has parts in it that can be looked at and you can get a hitler, some people in the past have warped parts of the bible to fit their own agenda (see colonialization of new england and new france) however if someone were to actually folllow the biblical runes laid out they wouldent turn out like that.

the problem with evolution is that it leaves the room for somone to say what hitler did which was "if all species are evolving then i must be the better one because (insert random bullshit facts here). therefore in order to help the earth if i kill off the species of lower qualitty were left with the better specimens.

however before this gets totaly sidetracked into religion (evolution is a religion unto its own) lets stop it here.


I disagree :|

I'm not a biologist but my understanding of evolution is that the "fittest" are ONLY the fittest in a particular set of circumstances and as I say the decision to start weeding out people who aren't the fittest is a seperate affair entirely.

If anything evolution probably has more to say against the idea of a particular "master race" because a homogenised human race is more likely to succumb to a particular changed circumstance whereas diversity would seem to equip the species to deal with a greater variety of circumstances.

As far as I can tell the idea of predestiny or having some god given right to a bit of land is far more powerful when you're building nationalistic ideas. I agree that is a distortion of religion, but still that seems to be how they do it.

"Not like us" or "Don't belong here" being just as effective as "Inferior" when you're picking a scapegoat.

_________________
Image


Last edited by spm1138 on Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:56 am 
Offline
2nd Lieutenant
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 2:54 pm
Posts: 592
Colt .45 Killer wrote:
meh im just saying that evolution has parts in it that can be looked at and you can get a hitler, some people in the past have warped parts of the bible to fit their own agenda (see colonialization of new england and new france) however if someone were to actually folllow the biblical runes laid out they wouldent turn out like that.

the problem with evolution is that it leaves the room for somone to say what hitler did which was "if all species are evolving then i must be the better one because (insert random bullshit facts here). therefore in order to help the earth if i kill off the species of lower qualitty were left with the better specimens.

however before this gets totaly sidetracked into religion (evolution is a religion unto its own) lets stop it here.


i'd like to correct you in something it's Darwinism and the hole "Survival of the fittest" thing is what causes all the problems in which darwin never said Darwin's Origin of Species does not have survival of the fittest it's Natural selection survival of the one with the best adaptation

_________________
Image
Image
Image
Sox's assistant and the number one grunt of the NZG
don't mess with a nation that needs medication


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:55 am 
Offline
Sergeant First Class

Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:06 pm
Posts: 243
Location: Boston, Ma
Wars are caused by two things ignorance and money. A radical anything is not a good thing. Religion has saved many lives but taken countless more.



One is not complete without balance.






:idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:59 am 
Offline
Private First Class

Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 1:12 pm
Posts: 25
Location: the Netherlands, Ede GLD
to big daddy, it wasn't the point of the dictator. it was just the point hearing it every time there is a topic about gun laws and shit.. say something new...please...


@ the religion part...

i'm against religion cause it's just 99% fairy tails written by people in the name of a god. holy books are there for controlling the mass and getting power, thats all. no god orso that has written the books and faxed them down on earth.
the bible is mostly written for more power to the pope and the people around him.

And catholics are christians to, as all the "modern" Christian churches find there birth in the catholic church.

but back on topic..:P gun:P

gr Fujin

_________________
sorry for my crappy English


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:20 am 
Offline
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 999
Location: Houston, Texas
Fuijn wrote:
to big daddy, it wasn't the point of the dictator. it was just the point hearing it every time there is a topic about gun laws and shit.. say something new...please...





gr Fujin


Try Reading the last 20 pages :D

_________________
-Leader of the DAP
-Head of Transportation
-Guinea Pig for the Entire NZG
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:19 pm 
Offline
2nd Lieutenant

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:17 pm
Posts: 592
well dont say the christians are keeping the crusades going, because i havent seen any christian hate schools. also the hollocaust was because hitler decided to slaughter them mainly because of his natural selection ideas.

and for that stuff about the church being responsible for more deaths, bull, war in the last 100 years has caused more deaths then the church ever caused.

in many cases its still muslims who go to hate shcools that teach altered versions of their religion that state all other religions are below theirs , and jews/america/christians are baaaad, also blowing yourself up and killing many of them isnt so bad.

_________________
No sigs makes threads load faster!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:50 pm 
Offline
Staff Sergeant

Joined: Tue May 23, 2006 9:13 pm
Posts: 196
So now we're moving onto religion?

Oh lawd, why does it seem politics and religion always enter a discussion on the internet if it lasts long enough?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:50 am 
Offline
Sergeant First Class
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:02 am
Posts: 215
Location: Brandywine, MD
.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
We don't really have a clear understand of our governments anti drug efforts. Come on, we're a super power. We kicked Sadaam's ass. We beat the Germans in WW2. We even have more nukes than any other country in the world (around 2,000 more.)

if we really wanted to stop the flow of drugs, we'de simply crush the source of the drugs. That reminds me, anyone here seen Clear and Present Danger. Ah like t hemguns in that movie. They sound very good.

Anyhow, I just wanted to point out that some time ago, a woman shot her husband over a can of warm beer. Now obiously the gun was not the only force at work in this incident, but it did, however, give this deranged person a way of carrying out violent actions.


Another thing I wanted to point out is that, if we really wanted to, we could crush the gun balck market if there was one.

Why haven't we adressed these issues. Well, as far as I can tell, we're too damn busy with inconsequential shit like "ZOmG he sayz pleg of alleegence wit gawd!!!11" or gay rights.

Take away the guns and the need for them as defensive weapons vanishes. Sure, there'd still be violence, but nothing that can't be handles by mace or tazers.

I'll ask again : why are guns neccesary?

I'de like to see anyone here take those brave right wing words to any of the parents of kids that were killed as a result of the rising school violence as of late. Tell them "guns are important." "Guns help people."

Yeah right.



we cant stop the drug problem, prohibition doesnt work.


we have more and more effective cops than anyone else in the world, we have by far more people in prison, more than half i believe, drug related.

despite all this and a HEAVY effort for the past 40 years drug use has not even been slowed down one iota.

you cant stop it and the drug war is just causing crime.

legalize it, tax it, the dealers and gangs go out of business when people can buy the drugs legally.

and maybe if we stop arresting people who are only hurting themselves out prisons wont be so over crowded.

its impossible to stop people from geting what they want if there's money in it.


even prison is full of drugs.



as for the parents of killed kids, yes i will tell them guns are good and what not, cause guns have nothing to do with the problem.


here's what one of the parents of the kid killed at columbine had to say.

not everyone blames inanimate objects for the actions of men.

[quote] Since the dawn of creation there has been both good and evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence.

The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA.

I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA â€â€

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:05 am 
Offline
Sergeant First Class
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:02 am
Posts: 215
Location: Brandywine, MD
Fuijn wrote:
you don't want too have red commies in the withe house, no tyrant. make sure no extreme christs are gettin there, they're far far worse. they kick you back into to 1800.

but back on topic

"By the way if you try to ban all guns....one word comes to my mind.......Revolution If you take guns away you are nothing more than a tyrant like Hitler or Stalin."

Do you have other arguments as that it will get dictators into power?
couse I hear it everytime in an disucion about gun laws.
I thing that strict gunlaws are wishfull, not ban them, just be more carefull with te right to own one.
here in the Netherlands we have very strict gun laws, but no dictator, only a harry potter look-a-like as MP. and or Homicide nummers are very low, just 140 in 2006. so, strict gunlaws can get you homicide nummer down. of cause mutliple resons like: religion, massive cencured media and an failing government thats near bankrupt will help also...


gr me

btw. im not an anti gun biggot, just carefull and not so trusting in the human species :D



gun bans are the first step, doesnt mean it will happen, or will happen right away but for any government to oppress its people the first step is always to disarm them.


as for your country, you CANNOT compare it to the US, it doesnt work, you're a small nation with less people than 1 very large US city.

we have some states that have no gun laws but have lower crime than your country.

banning guns would not lower the homicide rate, there is no proof it would, your country has ALWAYS had a low homicide rate, the gun laws have nothing to do with it.


as for your last statements those are just ignorant tripe, the US is less bankrupt than most of europe, we have less censored media than most of europe, you only have more sex on TV, and our government is nor more "failing" than yours.


aswell you calim to not trust humans, but you are trusting your life to your government instead of taking care of yourself, who is really the trusting one here?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:07 pm 
Offline
2nd Lieutenant

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:17 pm
Posts: 592
the problem with these style of discussions is that every country is an apple and the others are all oranges. every countrys circumstances are different then others, so theres no way to accuratly compare japan or any other country against the us. what one must do is look at the situation and find the tailor made solution. in the US of A, chances are that the current "best" solution, is to let anayone who wants to have a gun, do so. while also spending more time cracking down on criminals. parralel to that however these people need to find a way to click into the system and get out of their situation, hell, ask ANY criminal if he would trade his job for a middle class 80 grand a year, nice house, good car and a family. il place my money on him saying yes.

_________________
No sigs makes threads load faster!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:12 pm 
Offline
Sergeant First Class
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:02 am
Posts: 215
Location: Brandywine, MD
Colt .45 Killer wrote:
the problem with these style of discussions is that every country is an apple and the others are all oranges. every countrys circumstances are different then others, so theres no way to accuratly compare japan or any other country against the us. what one must do is look at the situation and find the tailor made solution. in the US of A, chances are that the current "best" solution, is to let anayone who wants to have a gun, do so. while also spending more time cracking down on criminals. parralel to that however these people need to find a way to click into the system and get out of their situation, hell, ask ANY criminal if he would trade his job for a middle class 80 grand a year, nice house, good car and a family. il place my money on him saying yes.


yep, but you CAN compare a country to itself and most countries have the same or higher murder rate after gun control than before.

and the fact remains that the US had lower murder rate before gun control, and right now has a lower murder rate when there are more guns and more concealed carry.


however for the most part i think the rate is FAR FAR more effected by social and cultural circumstances, not the presence of or lack thereof of guns.

for example if all of europe adopted US gun laws murder would most likely remain unchanged or even drop, and violent crime and theft crimes would possibly drop significantly.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:27 pm 
Offline
2nd Lieutenant

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:17 pm
Posts: 592
yes, its very cultural based. alchohol is a very different substance through all of europe.

_________________
No sigs makes threads load faster!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:59 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 1826
Location: Hayward, Cali
Git r done Chausney!

Quote:
yep, but you CAN compare a country to itself and most countries have the same or higher murder rate after gun control than before.

Uhm, Japan?

_________________
Go pioneers!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:51 pm 
Offline
Sergeant First Class
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:02 am
Posts: 215
Location: Brandywine, MD
.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
Git r done Chausney!

Quote:
yep, but you CAN compare a country to itself and most countries have the same or higher murder rate after gun control than before.

Uhm, Japan?



what about japan?


they have rising crime.


also again, you dont want to compare us to japan, they are extremely different, and you dont want america to be japan thats for sure.


aswell if you want to make comparisons, why does japan have far lower crime than other low gun countries?

again, cultural/social issues are far far far more important to this than anything else.

you might wanna read this too, the japanese numbers are not that accurate at face value. the article also shows some of the reasons why you dont want america to be japan, we're not japan, our culture values individuality and liberty.


http://www.davekopel.com/2A/Foreign/Jap ... ontrol.htm

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:55 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant Colonel
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 11:22 pm
Posts: 1826
Location: Hayward, Cali
Ultimately, the social and cultural circumstances have less of an effect on crime rates than guns. Social and cultural circumstances ahpe peopel's beliefs but it is the guns that allow peope to use guns.

Japan has a lower crime rate than we do.

_________________
Go pioneers!

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:13 pm 
Offline
Sergeant First Class
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 1:02 am
Posts: 215
Location: Brandywine, MD
.:}_50cA{_|neostyles:. wrote:
Ultimately, the social and cultural circumstances have less of an effect on crime rates than guns. Social and cultural circumstances ahpe peopel's beliefs but it is the guns that allow peope to use guns.

Japan has a lower crime rate than we do.




so you're going to tell me that somene having a gun causes more crime than rampant poverty or civil strife?

dude thats a rediculous statement.

guns have no effect on crime, people do NOT become criminals because of the access to a gun.

japan has a lower crimerate than the US, many other anti gun countries do NOT howver.

you're taking ONE completely uncompareable country and just claiming, on your own, that it means you're right.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 410 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group