Headlines
Movies
Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:22 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:27 pm 
Private

Zammo wrote:
makedonija77 wrote:
This is my list. I warn you though, it's pretty long...

[Edited to remove duplication of world.guns.ru's content]

If some of these weapons have already been posted, sorry about that. I was just making sure.

Did I go over the 200+ limit? :shock:

I guess...

One more question:

Is there going to be any tanks/vehicles/helicopters/planes/aircraft/ships/boats etc. that can be used/manned in the game or is the primary aspect of the game going to be around infantry fighting like we saw in the gameplay video?

I think that having a large arsenal of weapons(possibly the largest ever in a video game), huge and extremely detailed enviroments, an awsome graphics engine, and a great timeline of battles and warfare could use the addition of vehicles and such that can be manned throughout the game, scripted or not, I just like having the best game so far I've seen be better by having the Battlefield 2 style within it, and that's 'enter any vehicle and use it if you can find it around you'...

Although if not, then please release it on the Xbox 360 because my PC won't be able to play this game and I doubt that I will get a good gaming PC anytime soon...

Good job with everything so far and keep up the good work! :D

Actually I thought BF 2 sucked for this reason. Which Infantry soldiers do you know who can pilot a helicopter, jet and drive a tank? If you are going to have vehicles I'd make it that you have to choose some sort of Pilot or Armoured division class to be able to use vehicles and in turn they don't get access to as good weapons as a regular Infantry soldeir. Obviously any soldier is going to be able to drive a Humvee or jeep.

I never played BF2, but I have reasons why I need a better PC. You say it sucks, others say it's great...

We all have different opinions, but based on a thousand different people's rating and likings, it can all be summed up to be pretty good.

Why not include vehicles and aircraft etc. in Alliance?

I mean that having 200+ weapons is good enough for me...

I say it's a great thing to have 200+ weapons in a tactical FPS or similar, but since this is supposed to be 'Alliance Secret WARS', it's a wargame, kinda like BF2 or MoH, CoD etc.

So vehicles must be included.

From the looks of the gameplay videos, and I don't usually judge by first appearances like most people, I think that this game is going to turn out to be a success.

You have 200+ weapons, different timelines of battles, ranging from WW1 to today, great graphics, very detailed and large enviroments.

Wonderful...

If there are going to be any larger maps, more open ones, like a desert war instead of a dense forest or a large urban terrain(hope you put all in), that since it's very open, there is many places to shoot, so you can drive a tank blasting enemy tanks and fortified positons infront of you, with of course, some help...

I am not asking for much, I am suggesting, just like the thread topic says, and I can't suggest to over 200+ weapons that you probably already have in mind, but if it's not too much trouble, the game engine or the program used to create this game, Wind something Interactive, looks really simple and interesting so it might be easy to make vehicles.

Don't get me wrong. The Egypt map looked very, very well detailed with all the objects, the vases and everything around, and I think that the explosion of the silo that your teamates blew up was scripted, and it's a good thing that there are cenimatic and intense situations, a wonderful thing in fact, and it wouldn't hurt if the enviroment is destructable as the silo was, ie driving a helictoper and blasting down enemies on rooftops of collapsing buildings, then switching to a machine gunner position in the helicopter and mowing down on enemy infantry while your teamate that did what you are doing now is driving the helicopter via waypoints and path patterns...

To tell you the turth, I have been waiting for this type of game since I had a dream game in mind, and this is my dream game coming true.

Timelined FPS/War Sim including more than a 100 different weapons, large enviroments --- destructable, scripted or not, vehicles ranging from air to land to sea...

But I didn't excpect that it would come from a smaller game company, I excpected EA or Take Two or Vivendi to make it.

I checked out the trailers on Gametrailers.com, came to this site, read about it and my dream came true.

But one more obstacle stands in my way.

My PC is crap.

Make it console, at least Xbox 360, please!

To the two people that said the same thing when my list got deleted:

I did copy and paste it from world.guns.ru, but you guys wanted a list, so I have you one. If I just posted the link, that would've been useless because as I see, you guys know the site and the guns on it...

So, here's my real list of my favourite guns:

Handguns:

--- Beretta M 1951 ---

--- Glock 17 ---

--- Colt 45 ---

--- Desert Eagle ---

--- Tokarev TT ---

Sub-Machine Guns:

--- FN P90 ---

--- Tec-9 ---

--- Skorpion vz.61 ---

--- HK MP-5 ---

--- HK MP-5k ---

--- MP-40 ---

--- HK UMP ---

--- Uzi ---

--- Barretta M12 ---

--- PPSh 41 ---

--- Sten ---

--- Mack 10 ---

--- Thomson M1 ---

Assault Rifles:

--- Steyr AUG ---

--- FAMAS F1 ---

--- Stg. 44 ---

--- AK-47 ---

--- XM-8 ---

--- M16 ---

--- Colt M4 ---

--- FN SCAR ---

Shotguns:

--- SPAS 12 ---

--- Stryker ---

--- Remington 870 ---

Machine Guns:

--- M60 ---

--- M249 SAW ---

--- BAR ---

--- 50 Cal ---

--- DPM ---

--- Bren ---

--- MG-34 ---

--- MG-42 ---

Grenade Launchers:

--- LAW ---

--- AT4 ---

--- MM1 ---

--- M79 ---

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that was enough help...

If you guys just continue to delete my posts, or edit them, then why the hell am I trying to help you out anyways?

If you can't appriciate what you have, then don't bother asking for it.

If you're going to delete this list, then I see how ignorant you really are...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:45 pm 
Private

sigpro 2340

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:09 pm 
Corporal

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but it might be a good idea to read the confirmed weapons list, and also what has been previously suggested. I've seen a number of weapons repeated over and over, kind of a waste :?

Also, re-read your posts, as they don't always come out right. I'm lookin at you and your non working pictures, makedonija77. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 8:25 pm 
Major General

Michael Kane wrote:
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but it might be a good idea to read the confirmed weapons list, and also what has been previously suggested. I've seen a number of weapons repeated over and over, kind of a waste :?

Also, re-read your posts, as they don't always come out right. I'm lookin at you and your non working pictures, makedonija77. :wink:
His pictures work for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:48 am 
Sergeant First Class

why does everyone seem to want the desert eagle?

most overated total hollywood gun ever.

it makes a horrible sidearm, and was never used by any military.

it is useless in untrained hands and its only real use is for big bore pistol hunting or possibly long range pistol target shooting.

of course for both of those purposes there are cheaper, more reliable and more practical options.

the desert eagle only enjoys such popularity due to the whole hollywood apeal of it, it is otherwise rarely used for any real purpose.

i would be more impressed personally if they chose NOT to include the desert eagle, or instead included the much more practical .357 baby eagle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:33 am 
Recruit

I'd like to have some Steyr weapons.

Like the Steyr AMR:

http://www.steyr-aug.com/amr.htm

Or the MPi 69:

http://www.steyr-aug.com/mpi.htm

And of course AUG, ACR, TMP, SSG,.......... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:12 pm 
Four Star General

Split off the battlefield vs cs vs etc discussion to its own thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:14 pm 
Major General

The game needs a Webley Mk.VI or Mk.V.

An awsome gun would be the Webley Fosbury automatic revolver (.455 version or the 8 shot .38 version).

Boys .55 Anti-Tank rifle

PTRD Anti-Tank Rifle

L-39 20 mm Lahti Anti-Tank Rifle

Thomspon M1928A1

Browning A5 (12 gauge)

Browning High Power (Original GP-35)

Webley and Scott 8 Gauge Punt Gun (larger version of a 12 gauge double barrel shot gun)

G11

Winchester M97 Trench Gun (with 22" bayonet)

Mauser G98 rifle (and possibly with a twenty round trench magazine and 15" bayonet)

Madsen LMG

Mauser C96 with 20 non-detachable magazine

Mauser M712

Webley and Scott automatic pistol in .455 W&S Auto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:18 pm 
Staff Sergeant

^^^ I heard from actual an British soldier that the Webley sucked and did more damage if you hit your enemy with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:43 pm 
Major General

D_LaMz wrote:
^^^ I heard from actual an British soldier that the Webley sucked and did more damage if you hit your enemy with it.

If the Webley sucked, why did the British military (the finest military in the world at the time) use it (not neccessarilly the Mk.VI) for over fifty years?

I own a Mk.VI and sure you can't say "OMG LOLOLO I CAN GET A ONE INCH GROUPING AT 50 YARDS WITH IT!!1!1One!1!" It's designed to be accurate at less than 25 yards and inflict massive wounds. It has much more inertia than a 9mm, even though it travels rougly half the speed of a 9mm bullet.

I can't account for the automatic, though, but from the books I've read, it's not really all that reliable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:35 am 
Staff Sergeant

I was talking about the revolver but I'm not saying it sucked , this guy did.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7129603689

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:35 am 
Major General

That's not a Webley.

That's an Enfield No.2 Mk.I. The Enfield plant "took" the design of the Webley Mk.IV and turned it into its own work. Both the Webley Mk.IV and Enfield No.2 Mk.I (and Mk.I* and Mk.I**) are .38 S&W/200, a much less powerful catridge than the .455 Mk.II.

There are differencees between the Webley's. Mk.I-IV (the original Mk.IV, not the one made in the 1930's) all cannot fire smokeless powder propelled cartridges. It was only in 1913 when they introduced the Mk.V that shooters were able to use smokeless powder charges. The Mk.VI was a more refined version of the Mk.V (longer barrel and squared grips, as opposed to rounded, bird's head grips, and a removable, raised foresight).

There is literally no way in hell you could shoot a .455 Webley beyond 50 yards. At 25 yards, you can get about 5-10 inch groupings. The best place fore a Webley is CQB. It has great reliability and great stopping power.

The Webley Mk.VI was the pistol given to most (if not all) Commonwealth troops during the First World War, and still saw service in the Second World War.

My Mk.VI
(sorry for the crapiness of the picture, my digital camera is about five years old :\)

I don't so much want the Webley Automatic in, because it's really not that great. However, I must really push for the Webley-Fosbury. I have yet to come across a game in which one can use the Webley-Fosbury. It is a true automatic revolver, this is not to be confused with double action. The .455 version held the usual 6 shots, and the .38 version held 9 shots. They both operated on a system of recoil.

Now, kind of going off topic.... Is this game going to adhere to the Hague convention or is it going to allow hollow points and what not. If so, you might want to consider the "manstopper" cartridge for the Webley:

Just basically a wadcutter/hollowpoint. Devastatingly effective. However, it completely destroys any chance at accurate shooting beyond 20 yards.

That's enough for tonight, I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:21 am 
Corporal

You could always take high res pictures of the gun and send them to the devs, they may decide to model it.

Heres a revolver that someone gave my brother its a de-activated .44 S&W Model 27. I have very detailed pictures if any of the devs are interested in modelling it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:44 am 
Staff Sergeant

well thanks for clearing it up DerMann!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:18 am 
Four Star General

We appreciate the offers and will PM any you if we're in need of reference pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:39 pm 
Major General

Also, you can do this with a Webley Mk.VI:

http://www.cybershooters.org/Royal%20Armoury/Webley.JPG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:34 pm 
Four Star General

DerMann wrote:
Also, you can do this with a Webley Mk.VI:

http://www.cybershooters.org/Royal%20Armoury/Webley.JPG

That is great!!! I don't think I had seen a pistol with a bayonet before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:28 pm 
Major General

The Webley can also be fitted with a stock:

http://www.sci-fire.com/webley.jpg
(this is a replica of a Star Wars gun, but it's based off the Mk.VI with a stock and flare barrel).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:37 pm 
Recruit

I would like to see some older rifles like the Swiss K-31 , French MAS-36, Egyptian Hakim, Finn M-39. Swede Mausers. ect. I enjoy the newer weapons as well, but it is the classics I love.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:49 pm 
Captain

I agree I would love to see the swiss k31 in the game just for the fact I have never seen it in any game...also the french mas-26

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 40  Next