Headlines
Movies
Screenshots
Alliance Community
2011: We're Back!

Alliance: The Silent War

Community Forums for Alliance: The Silent War
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:49 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:40 pm 
Private First Class

So is this dead yet or what, because I have never seen any evidence of this game actually taking shape, it's been something 12 yrs and anyone who still believes you guys at this point would have to be a fool, this just looks like you guys aren't really doing any work on it and being pretty half assed or maybe it was just a scam for donations all along?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:10 pm 
Major General

ThePurpleWiggle wrote:
So is this dead yet or what, because I have never seen any evidence of this game actually taking shape, it's been something 12 yrs and anyone who still believes you guys at this point would have to be a fool, this just looks like you guys aren't really doing any work on it and being pretty half assed or maybe it was just a scam for donations all along?

I imagine it was hyperbole, but regardless, it's not been 12 years. I joined this community back in 2006 and have left and returned many times. It was only two years ago that it was announced that the game would begin development again.

Bear in mind the following: any media posted on this site was from 2005/2006, and it was bare bones purely to demonstrate the idea.

Now that the devs are free from their previous obligations, they are diligently working away. It's a very small team and there are limits to what they can do. But they're effectually rebuilding the engine from the ground up, as it's now quite dated.

As far as I can say, though, there is a closed pre-alpha in progress. I can't say much more.

There's going to be a bit more waiting involved until any sort of public release is issued. But please do check up on the forums every now and then, as I can say with great confidence that these developers care very much about the community's input. Right now most of the discussion is happening in closed boards for security, but there will come a time when it moves into the public eye.

You don't need to donate, I never have. Have a read through the various stickies to get an idea for the direction the game is taking as well as the initial hurdles the devs faced and the reason for their hiatus. But otherwise, don't worry too much about checking for updates for the time being.

The Maxim gun, and they have not.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:01 pm 
Four Star General

Thanks DerMann. This is all true. We took the development into a closed alpha about 9 months ago. We're a still very small team, so development progresses well but at a measured, deliberate pace. We add team members carefully and with great consideration. There is, indeed, a bustling but closed-off section of the forums right now. Once we're ready to expand that group (or simply go public), we'll obviously do so immediately.

To give you a peak behind the curtain, we've been working on networking and gameplay systems, on a smattering of graphics tech, and will soon begin work on the backend/accounts system. To give you some idea of what to expect, we'll be going F2P with the game, multiplayer only at first, and very much informed by the Alliance storyline, concepts, and universe.

Thanks so much for continuing to check in (sincerely), but just hang tight a bit more. The cauldron is indeed bubbling with delicious brew :)

Also, you'll notice the donation button is long gone. We never made nor expected to make much money off it, we just got many inquiries back in the day about contributing so we wanted to let people do so. It's not at all our main source of funding :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:23 am 
Private First Class

My apologies, I must have been in a bad mood, good luck with the development.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:00 pm 
Sergeant First Class

No worries man!

Keep checking back, I promise you, you will like what is coming!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:37 am 
Corporal

So this game is still alive, correct? I read some of the previous comments, good to know there was already an alpha stage. I completely understand that you guys are a small team and working independently, so it takes considerable time for things to move along. But I think it'd be nice to get consistent updates of some kind, showing screen shots, or just information in general. Anything to indicate that you guys are still going at it and the word can spread. I remember back in MIDDLE SCHOOL i was dying for this game and now I just graduated college, still wondering when this game is coming out. Anyways, good luck to you guys, I'll be there when it's ready to be released.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:03 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
So this game is still alive, correct? I read some of the previous comments, good to know there was already an alpha stage. I completely understand that you guys are a small team and working independently, so it takes considerable time for things to move along. But I think it'd be nice to get consistent updates of some kind, showing screen shots, or just information in general. Anything to indicate that you guys are still going at it and the word can spread. I remember back in MIDDLE SCHOOL i was dying for this game and now I just graduated college, still wondering when this game is coming out. Anyways, good luck to you guys, I'll be there when it's ready to be released.

Haha yeah, came across this in my freshman year of high school, and i graduated college last year.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:08 pm 
Corporal

#//neostyles.CD wrote:
Quote:

Haha yeah, came across this in my freshman year of high school, and i graduated college last year.

Yeah it's probably safe to assume at this point the game, and the dream, is dead. Two years of inactivity pretty much confirms it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:43 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Heh it possible but i remember messing around with an alpha about a year back, so idk whats going on

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:47 pm 
Corporal

#//neostyles.CD wrote:
Heh it possible but i remember messing around with an alpha about a year back, so idk whats going on

How was the alpha? Was it anything like the trailer?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:12 am 
Lieutenant Colonel

Not really, which was what had me a little lost. No war studio or zillions of guns. Not much in the way of gameplay. It was sort of like a very early tech demo or something. I think last time i played was 2013 or something. Must have been like 4 guns or something. Idk, its been over a year since ive played so maybe there has been some pretty big progress. Was just a little surprising since the game seemed to be waaayy further along in the trailers than it was in what I played.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:45 pm 
Corporal

#//neostyles.CD wrote:
Not really, which was what had me a little lost. No war studio or zillions of guns. Not much in the way of gameplay. It was sort of like a very early tech demo or something. I think last time i played was 2013 or something. Must have been like 4 guns or something. Idk, its been over a year since ive played so maybe there has been some pretty big progress. Was just a little surprising since the game seemed to be waaayy further along in the trailers than it was in what I played.

What the hell, that is weird. A little deceiving and disappointing. Well fuck, there goes this game. It can join the ranks of the likes of Project Offset, great looking games that had amazing potential but ended up going nowhere.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:34 pm 
Sergeant First Class

Hi Guys,

Thought I'd post to clarify some things, as the rest of the team have been exceedingly busy these past few weeks.

First of all, I'm happy to say the game is not dead, in fact we are still in active development.

I'm not at liberty to say too much, but rest assured we will have some news for you in the coming days/weeks with regard to Alliance.

Please bare in mind that we are a very small team, and while it does seem like we neglect the forums, we are concentrating on the product at hand at the moment.

As for the dream, That is most certainly not dead.

Thanks for your understanding!

Scradge out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:37 am 
Lieutenant Colonel

Great to hear!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:42 am 
Corporal

Best news I've heard all week

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:05 pm 
Four Star General

What Scradge said, basically :).

In a few days you'll get some news. And yeah, we've been actively developing but not always in the way you'd expect.

Dead, we are not :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31